• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Force v.s. Navy Culture Differences

Renegade One

None
Good Afternoon Forum,

I have a couple questions regarding the culture differences between being an Air Force and Navy pilot... Whatever you have to offer is extremely helpful. Thank you in advance!
Sometimes, I'm kind of a "tough love" kind of guy. If "culture differences" is your biggest concern, maybe you should look at career opportunities outside of the military. At our baselines, we all pretty much come down the same way...

Austin-Powers

Powers By Name, Powers By Reputation
I considered all my options at this point, and while Air National Guard is tempting as well...I'm throwing packages everywhere, but I am not picky, I want to stress that. In this day and age, you can't be. So Army seems a tempting offer, even if the 10 year ADSO is a scary thought.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I considered all my options at this point, and while Air National Guard is tempting as well...I'm throwing packages everywhere, but I am not picky, I want to stress that. In this day and age, you can't be. So Army seems a tempting offer, even if the 10 year ADSO is a scary thought.
Chances are that if you fly army helicopters you’ll end up doing deck landings on a navy ship someday.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Swanee, I am really looking at bogidope, to be honest that's my first choice...luckily I know an Air Guard squadron pilot and there's a base nearby. Will keep in touch with him too.
If you have a four-year degree and a private pilot certificate and are otherwise healthy and qualified, you would be crazy not to go to the Air Guard or Reserve as your first choice....

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Do people still compete for pilot slots at Air Force OTS? That was a big drawback to regular Air Force to me.

A straight up Flight contract was one of my big reasons for going Navy back in 2009. If I had to do it today, go Coast Guard.

croakerfish

pilot
Do people still compete for pilot slots at Air Force OTS? That was a big drawback to regular Air Force to me.

A straight up Flight contract was one of my big reasons for going Navy back in 2009. If I had to do it today, go Coast Guard.
When I applied in 2010 it was identical to the Navy process.