• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Force to Navy?

ARAMP1

Aviator Extraordinaire
pilot
None
Well, I immediately chuckled and deleted the email without giving it much more thought, however I was able to find it. From the email sent to our reserve component.... "request derived from PERS in an effort to fill vacant FTS billets with the VT-J squadrons."

It is my understanding that they're just taking names for volunteers now with no official word yet.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Is it ADSW orders to fill gapped FTS billets, recall orders to fill gapped FTS billets, or are they fishing for more people to apply to the FTS transfer/redesignation board?

@ARAMP1 , you could build jet PIC time that could help land you that dream job with a top tier 121 operator.

Last edited:

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
The bezel. I wear it all the time and I've knocked it on some stuff in the aircraft but I feel like it should be stronger than it is.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Nope the bezel. The crystal is fine, the case doesn’t seem to be that bad, but it’s the bezel that has the scratches.

ARAMP1

Aviator Extraordinaire
pilot
None
Is it ADSW orders to fill gapped FTS billets, recall orders to fill gapped FTS billets, or are they fishing for more people to apply to the FTS transfer/redesignation board?

@ARAMP1 , you could build jet PIC time that could help land you that dream job with a top tier 121 operator.
Not much detail was given, but it did say this was separate from ADT/ADSW. It almost sounded like they were leaning forward to have names ready if/when it went official.

But you're right, this could be my ticket...one day, I'll be a captain making $300K-$350K a year, living in base, bidding afternoon reserve where I spend my days getting paid to sit around the house working on the ole honey-do list...like painting the laundry room to match the wife's new high efficiency, smart washer/dryer. ?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

The ones I've seen seem to be ADSW orders to cover FTS billets, or just cover gapped billets period. I think 209 is just hurting for EWO's, period.

Last edited:

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I’ve seen a couple of def recall orders for HSM, VR (C-40), and VUP instructor/DHs, but I figured that was just filling gapped billets. Interesting that they’re even thinking about it for the VTs. Didn’t get enough takers for that Permanent Instructor thing?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
...like painting the laundry room to match the wife's new high efficiency, smart washer/dryer. ?

Probably easier to just get a new wife...Notice I didn't say cheaper. You can't be a real CA until you're making 450,000 a year split 5 ways minus taxes. What's half of half of half of half of half?

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I’ve seen a couple of def recall orders for HSM, VR (C-40), and VUP instructor/DHs, but I figured that was just filling gapped billets. Interesting that they’re even thinking about it for the VTs. Didn’t get enough takers for that Permanent Instructor thing?

As I undertand it, they filled every single one of the allowable billets.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Probably easier to just get a new wife...Notice I didn't say cheaper. You can't be a real CA until you're making 450,000 a year split 5 ways minus taxes. What's half of half of half of half of half?
One ex-wife and the only thing she ever got was child support, which ended 5 1/2 years ago.

I just went the hooker and blow route after my divorce. It’s a hell of a lot easier and cheaper.

Of course with dental school tuition, housing, car and living expenses; my daughter succeeds in costing me as much as a couple of ex-wives...