• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Force pilot charged with drug smuggling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
FlyingFortress said:
What were these guys thinking? Do they not teach about ethics and standards in the Air Force?

Because this never happens in the other services.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
It's sad, I heard about this last week. The worst part about it though is that it's the AF base that I live right by. I'm actually kinda saddened by this event.

Future Herc Driver

About to start Tac phase in the Herc.
This is not indicative of the AF or any other service. These are just a couple of loser guard bums that thought they could buck the system. But if you wanna get nasty about ethics and standards we can do that too but you arent gonna like it.

FlyingFortress

Flying turd
FlyingFortress said:
What were these guys thinking? Do they not teach about ethics and standards in the Air Force?

My point was not to trash the AF in any way. They are as good as any other branch of the military. My point was that I know they're taught this stuff, yet it somehow went out the other ear with these yahoo's.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
FlyingFortress said:
My point was not to trash the AF in any way. They are as good as any other branch of the military. My point was that I know they're taught this stuff, yet it somehow went out the other ear with these yahoo's.

The military is more or less a cross section of society. You're always going to have pieces of sh!t. There is no way around it.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Take it easy Herc. I'll stand up with Fly Navy and say this IS NOT indicative of the USAF as a whole, nor is it something that is exclusive to that service. Sh!t like this happens every few years, just switch the service and community around.

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
firefriendly said:
Whats there to be sad about? Are you sad that those drugs may have been distributed to kids your age, or that the AF base you live near has corrupt pilots, or are you just sad in general? It shouldn't make you sad, it should make you angry and then happy they got caught. The schmucks thought they could pull a fast one on the government and got caught. Good riddance and good times. One more slot opened for an honest AF pilot.

Certainly I'm glad they were caught and I hope it ends at these two bozos. What makes me sad is that it even happened. All the people I know, when thinking of servicemembers, think of the honor, courage, loyalty, committment, and chivalry, and all this does is tarnish the image that so many people have worked for.

illinijoe05

Nachos
pilot
I read an aritcle in teh Navy times about a P-3 Pilot who got caught smiggling ecstasy over the border in washington state, it happens to all the services..

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
No I'm not taking it seriosuly on a national level, but on a local level, where people sometimes complain of the low fliying C-5s, it is not going to do any good, especially making national news...

KBayDog

Of course there are turds in every service. Fortunately, they are few and far between. We are a cross-section of society, but I would like to think that our bottom 10% are a little better than the bottom 10% in the general public.

That said, while we are talking about smuggling, check out the ALMAR released last week. Here in CNATRAland, I am a bit out of the loop, but I certainly hope Gen Hagee is just tackling this issue before it really happens. I'd like to think that servicemen aren't really doing this:

Date signed: 04/04/2005
MARADMIN Number: 016/05
Subject: COMBATING TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS
R 041401Z APR 05
FM CMC WASHINGTON DC(UC)
TO AL ALMAR(UC)
UNCLASSIFIED//
ALMAR 016/05
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC DMCS//
SUBJ/COMBATING TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS//
REF/A/DOC/DEPSECDEF/-/30JAN04//
REF/B/DOC/SECDEF/-/16SEP04//
REF/C/DOC/USD (PROGRAMS AND RESOURCES)/-/17NOV04//
REF/D/DOC/FMCM (2002 ED), PART IV/-//
NARR/REF A IS DEPSECDEF MEMO COMBATING TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS
IN THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE. REF B IS SECDEF MEMO COMBATING
TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS. REF C IS UNDER SECRETARY OF DEFENSE
MEMO DIRECTING TRAINING REQUIREMENTS. REF D IS THE MANUAL FOR
COURTS MARTIAL.//
POC/C.S.DOWLING/LTCOL/MPO MRA/-/TEL:DSN 278-9387
/TEL:COMM (703)784-9386//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. PURPOSE. AS SET FORTH IN NATIONAL SECURITY
PRESIDENTIAL DIRECTIVE/NSPD22, "THE POLICY OF THE UNITED STATES
IS TO ATTACK VIGOROUSLY THE WORLDWIDE PROBLEM OF TRAFFICKING IN
PERSONS, USING LAW ENFORCEMENT EFFORTS, DIPLOMACY, AND ALL OTHER
APPROPRIATE TOOLS." THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF HAS DECREED THAT ALL
DEPARTMENTS OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT WILL TAKE A "ZERO
TOLERANCE" APPROACH TO TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS.
2. REFS A AND B HIGHLIGHT THE SERIOUS CRIME OF TRAFFICKING IN
PERSONS. THE MARINE CORPS OPPOSES ALL ACTIVITIES THAT CONTRIBUTE TO
THE CRIME OF TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS.
3. THE MARINE CORPS WILL TAKE A ZERO TOLERANCE APPROACH TO
TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS. MARINES, SAILORS, AND CIVILIAN MARINES
WILL NOT ENGAGE IN TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS. THIS POLICY APPLIES TO
CONUS AND OCONUS AND EXTENDS TO LOCALITIES, BUSINESSES, AND
ESTABLISHMENTS WHERE PROSTITUTION IS A LEGAL ACTIVITY.
4. INTENT. WE MUST ENSURE THAT OUR MARINES AND SAILORS ARE AWARE
OF THE FAR REACHING RAMIFICATIONS OF TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS AND THAT
THEY DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN ANY ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CRIME.
A. LEADERS AT ALL LEVELS WILL ENSURE THEIR MARINES ARE TRAINED IN
ACCORDANCE WITH REF C, CIVILIAN MARINES AND CONTRACT PERSONNEL.
TRAINING PACKAGES CAN BE DOWNLOADED FROM WWW.JKDDCJMO.ORG.
B. COMMANDERS WILL TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION WHEN A BUSINESS OR
ESTABLISHMENT IS IDENTIFIED AS FACILITATING TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS.
COMMANDERS SHALL RESTRICT MARINES FROM ASSOCIATING WITH SUCH
BUSINESSES OR ESTABLISHMENTS.
C. COMMANDERS SHALL HOLD OFFENDERS ACCOUNTABLE FOR ACTIONS
INCONSISTENT WITH THIS POLICY.
5. COMMANDERS AND UNIT LEADERS MUST ESTABLISH EXPECTATIONS FOR THE
CONDUCT OF ALL PERSONS UNDER THEIR COMMAND TO GUARD AGAINST AND
SUPPRESS ALL DISSOLUTE AND IMMORAL PRACTICES, AND TO HOLD
ACCOUNTABLE THOSE PERSONS GUILTY OF SUCH PRACTICES. WE WILL COMBAT
THESE ACTIVITIES THROUGH EDUCATION, ADHERENCE TO OUR CORPS VALUES,
AND ACCOUNTABILITY.
6. SEMPER FIDELIS, M. W. HAGEE, GENERAL, U.S. MARINE CORPS,
COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS.//

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
firefriendly said:
This will most likely end in the closing of that AF base.

You really think so? I seriously doubt it. It's 1/2 civilian already and because of it's ultra long runway, its an emergency one for the Space Shuttles and Air Force One to land on. It's also where the Iran Hostages were let off. There are alot of C-5s there, and they carry alot of stuff. You know when something is going down because all of the flights. I remember before Iraq started, there must have been a C-5 coming in or going out on the hour.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
KBayDog said:
That said, while we are talking about smuggling, check out the ALMAR released last week. Here in CNATRAland, I am a bit out of the loop, but I certainly hope Gen Hagee is just tackling this issue before it really happens. I'd like to think that servicemen aren't really doing this:

(edit, see KBay's original post for message)

[/B]

The message refers to soliciting prostitutes as a form of supporting human slave trade. I don't think anyone is worried about some airman smuggling 10 hooks in the hydraulic service center.

Status
Not open for further replies.