• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Force guy heading to PCola

Status
Not open for further replies.

progolfer20

I'm Air Force too

I'm Air Force (navigator) and graduated from OTS in Dec 2004 and moved down here Jan 05. Apartments and houses were a pain to find but more and more are opening up. If you do decide to live by yourself, you will end up using all your BAH and some more money out of your pocket for the utilities. Its best to share a house or apartment with somebody. There are a few places down here for IFS..Pensacola Aviation (hard asses there and have heard numerous horror stories) or up at Milton Airport (thats where I train right now). Milton is more laid back, but they have way too many students and not enough planes. Since you are going to be a pilot, I would live closer to Milton which is about 40 miles away from Pensacola NAS. You will be doing all training at Whiting Field, except for API which will be at the main base. If you have any questions email me at progolfer_20@yahoo.com we air force people try to help each other out. Good luck.

KBayDog

progolfer20 said:
we air force people try to help each other out.

*sniff sniff* That's beautiful, man.

Seriously, though, that's what we're here for, regardless of branch.

(Unless you want us to help get your recruiter/OSO to guarantee you a jet slot...then you're SOL.)

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
progolfer20 said:
Pensacola Aviation (hard asses there and have heard numerous horror stories)...

Horror stories at PAC? Thats where I did my IFS and it wasn't hard at all. I wonder what you've heard, cause I had no problems there, and I didn't encounter any real hard asses.

KBayDog

trvsmrtn said:
What's up with that? Why can't it be "we service members try to help each other out"? I see how it is.

The Zoomies have to stick together. Who else are the AF pilots going to eat breakfast with at API while the rest of the class is swimming all morning? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.