• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Force giving me chance to jump ship to Navy

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
For the OP: There were at least two or three people in my OCS class who left AFROTC for some reason somewhere along the line, and a guy in the class after me who left USAFA after a year. So it isn't unheard of at all for people to do something like you're talking about.

His Field Training at Maxwell couldn't count for anything in the Navy? That's pretty comparable to Candidate Officer status, although I admit Maxwell indoc would not compare to Newport.

My sister went through Maxwell, and while it is tougher than anything that NROTC does, it isn't Newport. I don't think it would count for anything, unless there is a cross commission option out there (I remember talking to an Army ROTC cadet in college who said they were rare but existed, but that was Army) he'd have to just start over at OCS.

RiseR 25

For the OP: There were at least two or three people in my OCS class who left AFROTC for some reason somewhere along the line, and a guy in the class after me who left USAFA after a year. So it isn't unheard of at all for people to do something like you're talking about.

My sister went through Maxwell, and while it is tougher than anything that NROTC does, it isn't Newport. I don't think it would count for anything, unless there is a cross commission option out there (I remember talking to an Army ROTC cadet in college who said they were rare but existed, but that was Army) he'd have to just start over at OCS.

Makes sense. I was looking at it from the perspective that he had already completed at least some type of indoc, and that by completing field training the military was very committed to letting you commission, but granted that was the accepted standpoint of the Air Force, not the Navy. Something about Enrollment Allocations and all that jazz. Definitely is not Newport haha.