• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Force: Bumming Me Out....

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ditto. PM me when you want to start writing!

As an aside, the JCIDS process and its predecessor RGS does vet all formal requirements through all the OPNAV N codes so Intel does get a chop on everything coming down the pike...that said, as you so rightly observed in BAMS, it is mo better and efficient to be in on the drafting stage and once the ink dries on the first draft of a Requirements draft, many authors are loath to change very much. You do have makings of a pretty decent article whether you want to put your name on it or not. Telling it like it is and garnering flag reaction isn't always a career boost and sometime quite the opposite. Ever read the story of Don Quixote?

aa-1692.jpg

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Too.....much......reading......

Anyone have the audio version I can download?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Tilting at Windmills

Too.....much......reading......

Anyone have the audio version I can download?

Well, don't have to even go to Cliff Notes to get the analogy of Don Quixote "tilting at windmills" (hence so much art work depicting him with a lance). Basically, it being a noble cause, but the end result may not be what one is truly satisfied with, but still noble.

The Don and his faithful squire, Sancho, after an unsuccessful bout with a windmill

240px-Quixo-panza.jpg

See the Wiki link for more on "the Man of La Mancha"

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Are you kidding??? I had to read it high school ... [SIZE=-1]todos en español. Drove me to return to English. But he was one of my early mentors .... :)[/SIZE]

In California, they make you watch the video, it's still in Spanish, but with English subtitles so we don't have to do any work...