• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Force Active to Navy OCS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

usaf

I am prior Navy 10 years who recently joined the Air Force. I am finishing up my Masters this year and wonder if the Navy would accept Other service apps while still on active duty with that service. Thanks for the help and good luck to you all. By the way it's a Masters in Public Admin in Healthcare Admin major.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Call your nearest recruiter is all I can say. They will know more about the ins and outs of the inter service transfers. Are you going from AF Officer to Navy Officer or AF Enlisted to Navy Officer? You can always look on www.bupers.navy.mil and find the interservice transfer people. If you are going this route, then you will need a conditional release from the AF and have a Navy community that wants to pick you up. So look at the communities decide what you want, then call the Navy Community Manager that you are interested in. Give him or her your info and see if they bite.

Dave

Firefly

I'm sure you have found your answer by now... are you an AF Officer or Enlisted? You can go from AF Enlisted to Navy Officer with the use of a "Conditional Release Form". Let me know if you need more info.

Slilock

I was wondering about this also. I'm currently enlisted in the AF and was wanting to become a Naval Officer.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Sli,

All you need to do is find a Navy Officer recrt, take the ASTB get a physical complete your app and...Get a conditional release signed by your Squadron Commander and I believe he then sends it up to his boss for a signature. You then get the release back and submit it with your package. The release just says that the AF will release you to the Navy if you get picked up.

Dave

Mike26

Slilock,
What do you do in the AF? I am in the AF too, I will be going to Navy OCS in OCT. EODDave just about summed it up. Just contact a recrt and he will fill in all the details. Are you deployed right now? I am and there are a lot of your people over here too, just wondering if you might be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.