• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Force Academy Informants

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Guess I was just thinking of all the TACPs, ALOs, AFSOC dudes, RPAers, Missileers, and most all Air Combat Command and Global Strike Command aviators. ;)

To be fair, I think you're better off calling these guys and gals "button pushers" along with a lot of the Navy.

I don't think trigger pulling has anything to do with it. I think a part of the problem is that you have the one academy that seems to have more scandals than the others, and consequently its parent service is willing to go a bit too far to stop it.

Renegade One

None
Guess I was just thinking of all the TACPs, ALOs, AFSOC dudes, RPAers, Missileers, and most all Air Combat Command and Global Strike Command aviators. ;)
Don't know what some of the acronyms are, but I take your point. Now…got any data?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

How could you forget the MWR officers?!

P.S. The rest of the world calls them UAVs and Global Strike Command just doesn't have the same ring to it SAC did. Put down the USAF koolaid and step away slowly.......

BackOrdered

Contributor
I always thought that as a service, the Navy was above the whole "trigger puller" song and dance in light of the USS Cole and the "trigger puller indiscriminate" casualties followed by the "non trigger puller lead" DC effort that saved the ship. Honestly I always knew I was no Soldier/Marine, but this example is why I joined the Navy vice Air Force. We all fight the ship.

If the Air Force wants to claim a guy in CONUS in a secure building is a trigger puller, let them just go on believing that one.

Last edited:

Machine

Super *********
pilot
None
Site Admin

Renegade One

None
From AFPC, http://www.afpc.af.mil/library/airforcepersonneldemographics.asp, "The Air Force has 14,343 pilots, 3,596 navigators and 1,553 air battle managers in the grade of lieutenant colonel and below. The Air Force has 25,602 nonrated line officers in the grade of lieutenant colonel and below."

So that's 19,492 rated officers to 25,602 non-rated officers (43%).
Good data…and I like it. Thanks. And I doubt that even includes all of their "other trigger pullers"…AFSOC, STRATCOM silo-Orcs, etc. Again, thanks.

On a completely different discussion, NOT on this forum, I was told two days ago that "I am working with the guys in Millington for the exact numbers but we [e.g., "Big Navy"have] been bookmarking roughly 3700 active duty Tailhook aviators." I know that that does not constitute the totality of Naval Aviation "trigger pullers" (no math will ever be precise….), but that number was surprisingly low to me for TACAIR types, Navy-wide. Anyone have any different data?

ProsNest1

Not quite a new member
None
Good data…and I like it. Thanks. And I doubt that even includes all of their "other trigger pullers"…AFSOC, STRATCOM silo-Orcs, etc. Again, thanks.

On a completely different discussion, NOT on this forum, I was told two days ago that "I am working with the guys in Millington for the exact numbers but we [e.g., "Big Navy"have] been bookmarking roughly 3700 active duty Tailhook aviators." I know that that does not constitute the totality of Naval Aviation "trigger pullers" (no math will ever be precise….), but that number was surprisingly low to me for TACAIR types, Navy-wide. Anyone have any different data?
That's close if you are just talking about front seaters.

Fallonflyr

pilot
A couple of USAFA grads that I know say the place has become so dysfunctional it should be shut down.

jcj

I was at work today with a couple of my surgical residents & in between talking about gunshot wounds & broken bone misery (we are a trauma service) I got to give them some real world advice:

"Life sometimes takes unusual paths. If you ever find yourself in handcuffs and you're not absolutely sure it's a sex game, shut up and lawyer up. And if you ever find yourself in the position of someone wanting you to be a confidential informant, shut up and lawyer up"

What started the conversation is the father of one of my residents is a long time friend of mine - Vietnam era USAFA grad, C-130 driver - who is just appalled at what's going on there now.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was at work today with a couple of my surgical residents & in between talking about gunshot wounds & broken bone misery (we are a trauma service) I got to give them some real world advice:

"Life sometimes takes unusual paths. If you ever find yourself in handcuffs and you're not absolutely sure it's a sex game, shut up and lawyer up. And if you ever find yourself in the position of someone wanting you to be a confidential informant, shut up and lawyer up"

What started the conversation is the father of one of my residents is a long time friend of mine - Vietnam era USAFA grad, C-130 driver - who is just appalled at what's going on there now.

I'm intrigued to know under what kind of circumstances one would only be "sort of" sure it's a sex game.