• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Fare

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Actually I think Clark's website is only for atlanta, but you could get a connector...

The Stinkster

Now who do I blame?
pilot
Call up Continental, or for that matter any one of majors (American, Delta, Northwest, etc) and tell them that you are military and want a military and dependants discount ticket. All of the ones I listed have this program, or at least have had it in the recent past, but the deals on Continental were the best. I had to fly my wife over to see her mother on two days notice. The price on the continental websight and all of the other travel sights was $960. I called and got the ticket (round trip) for the military and dependant discount price of $265. They do not advertise this service ANYWHERE on the websight or in the literature, but it is there, you just have to ask. The amount of good deal varies on how far in advance you are buying the ticket (the closer to the flight the better the deal in some cases) but I have used it several times since then and always gotten a really good deal. Just tossing that out there.

doubledeuce

Tartan
None
While you can get good deals with the military rate, travelocity can have significantly cheaper last-minute rates than any grievance rate or military rate at any of the major airlines.

Raptor2216

My most recent flight from dulles to san jose was with AA and I called them 2 days before I wanted to fly out but sure enough, they gave me a great price of only $230 for a round trip ticket. On top of that, they void some of the additional fees that any old joe would have to pay.

Is it better to wait to the last minute? I called AA and they wanted 750.00 roundtrip for a flight in May! NW's "Military rate" was higher than what I could get online through them, I am not having any luck with the discount.:)