• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AH-1 pilot/gunner

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhatFarmer35

I was wondering about the pilot and gunner positions in the AH-1. I'm assuming the gunner would be a newer pilot and the pilot would be a more experience pilot. I just wanted to know how long a person would be a gunner before they would move to the pilot position. Also, generally what rank is the pilot and gunner? Would the gunner be an 0-2 and the pilot be an 0-3 or 0-4?

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
WE more think in terms of front seat and back seat. Most of the 200 level syllabus (fleet squadron initila X's) are in the front. It depends on the situation 9 times out of ten the more junior and less experienced guy is in the front though not always if for example we are doing FAC(A) the more senior guy will take the front alowing him to manage the battle while the less experienced though not a brandnew guy flies him aorund. As far as combat crews most guys put the co-pilot in the front so you could expect about a year or so of primarily front seat time though we do mix it up failry well so you get experince doig both when not in combat. hope this helped

Reactions: bch
Status
Not open for further replies.