• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Age waivers?

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
I'm curious if anyone has anything to say about age waivers beyond 29 for active duty guys. As far as pilot NFO designators. I'm 26 right now and wanted to know how much time I have....i'm dirt poor right now from my flight training I've been paying for and wanted to reenlist to collect another SRB to pay off my loan.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm curious if anyone has anything to say about age waivers beyond 29 for active duty guys. As far as pilot NFO designators. I'm 26 right now and wanted to know how much time I have....i'm dirt poor right now from my flight training I've been paying for and wanted to reenlist to collect another SRB to pay off my loan.

24 months for Pilot, 48 months for NFO for equal active duty served. Keep in mind that if you get picked up for a commissioning program, your SRB will be affected.

Brett

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
Thanks Brett.
I was only hoping to get the first half. I think usually they let you keep that as long as you do it before you put your application in. It's the installments you won't get to keep. I've heard many stories of people being payed their installments and then spending them before the Navy came back and said they had to repay it. Cruel.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks Brett.
I was only hoping to get the first half. I think usually they let you keep that as long as you do it before you put your application in. It's the installments you won't get to keep. I've heard many stories of people being payed their installments and then spending them before the Navy came back and said they had to repay it. Cruel.

Cruel? Sounds pretty just to me. I was on an SRB when I was commissioned and even received an installment after I was commissioned, but they stopped after that. I didn't spend it until I confirmed that everything was above board with PSD. We've both seen people spend money they don't have, whether it's an overpayment from DFAS or abuse of credit cards. I'm consistently amazed at how many of those people point the finger at someone else when it comes time to pay up. I have less than zero sympathy for them.

Brett

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Hey...can't say for sure since alot of time has gone by...but I believe as far as Nuc SRB is concerned...that as soon as you lose your NEC you lose your SRB. This is how it worked for me. When I executed my PCS off the boat to go to Newport, my 3353 (or whatever the supervisory ET (nuc/sub) nec is) disappeared...and that was the end of my SRB. Sorry if this is bad news.

<edit> I just looked...and I guess it was a 3363 since I was qualified EWS....