• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Age Waivers Rejected - Why?

SMARTI

If you submitted a package with an age waiver how strong was the rest of the package that you submitted? I know that this may be a sensitive issue for those that have been turned down, however, I am at a risk as well. I would like to gather as much information on my chances as possible. Any assistance would be very appreciated. If you could give me an idea of what you had for PFT, waivers, etc.

I am trying to strengthen my package to offset my age (32) by increasing my PFT to as close to 300 as I can. I am hoping that the fact that I am a prior Marine would help a little. Anyone have any other suggestions as to what I can do?

Thanks for all the help.

Semper Fi

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
OK, maybe I am wrong but isn't this the 3rd thread with this same general topic that you have started? Simply said do everything you can to make your package stronger, other than that I doubt there is much new information we can provide that we haven't done so on other threads...

SMARTI

Sorry if it sounds that way, but what I was looking for are examples from others who have been turned down. What's I'd like to do is compare with my package and see if there might be either similarities that can hamper my chances. i guess i am stressing it a little too much. The thing is that I've approached OSO's before throughout my college years and they never wanted to even entertain the idea of starting a package. Now that I have an OSO that is willing to take the time I want to make sure that everything is squared away.

I do appreciate all your info on this and other posts that I have written.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
The problem with getting experiences from others is that you will be applying now, whereas when they did it was a different time, different selection criteria and preferences. The only thing you can do is to improve those things that you have control over and keep submitting so long as they keep giving you age waivers...

For example the first time I applied the board primarily looked at PFT and cut everyone below a 285, however the next time they focused on grades...what they look at as important changes everytime and with each new board. Don't get stressed out about it, just keep pushing and your OSO will help work it through...

Oh, and they may turn you down the first time just to see if you will reapply...

SMARTI

It means when it comes down to it everything falls to the needs of the Marine Corps / Navy, you don't always get a choice in the matter...

Well, that I'm familiar with that first hand so no surprises there. GTG, thanks.