• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Age waiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berdhuis

Hi, I am a very physically fit 36 year old who wants to become a Navy or Marine Corps officer. I speak fluent Russian, French and beginner Arabic. I possess a B.A. degree in International Affairs with a concentration in Russian studies. Furthermore, I have spent much time studying and working in Russia, so my Russian language is professional calibre, same with the French - not just four years of college level. Is there any chance that I can get an age waiver to join with highly developed skills? Oh, and I have several years of professional web application design under my belt as well. I really want to do this! Any advice is appreciated.

Meridiani

Sorry, but the maximum age for a commission is 35 years old. From what I've heard, it's not waiverable because it was established by Congress. Perhaps you should consider a career in the civilian government, such as the FBI, CIA, etc..

Berdhuis

I've already tried all of the civilian-side agencies, even DIA, all to no avail. I suppose that I am losing out to folks with Master's degrees. Anyway, it seems that even this age limit is permeable. Medical and chaplains can beat this.

mbeaser

Medical and Chaplains are RL (restricted line) they can be up to 40 yrs. URL (unrestricted line) has a 35 yr limit set by congress. Of course, when in doubt, ask your "local" officer recruiter.

jrbayer2

You can enter beyond 35, if you can convince them you're qualified, in Supply Corps or Public Affairs designator(s), then change designator in a couple of years to Intelligence or Cryptology, or???

Hope this helps...

prior0

Might try the Coast Guard as well.....feel that they accept up to 37th birthday for qualified applicants.

1devildoc

Don't even try going for USMC pilot. The board selected my husband, but the waiver was denied, so he is out!!! It really sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.