• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Age Waiver Miracle!!

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
We have a Sergeant here in Oki who's in about the same boat. He's about 40 or so. The only way he got in was to e-mail the Commandant personally. What did he have to lose? It worked.

We also have a 38 year old 1stLt who got commissioned after his "No-Sh!t NLT" date by virtue of the Commandant.

AV8BQAR

Mech
We currently have a 40 year old Corporal in my shop. He is just finishing up his first enlistment. Great guy- it is refreshing to have a Corporal with a maturity level above the village idiot's.

At 29, I was duck walking next to 17 year olds at MEPS last January. Even after having been out for almost 7 years I am still in better shape than any of those fatass kids, girls AND guys. Its not always about age, right?!

BTW Harrier Dude, Im off of Hot Chili and will be heading up Deny Turkey for Powerline. See ya later...

GreenMarineSVX

What are the chances of getting an age waiver to become a pilot? I am in college at the moment finishing an engineering degree and I fear that I will not be finished by the time I am 27 years old. I have already done 4 years in the Marines and got out a SGT. Got out so I could finish college and go back in as a pilot...

Can anyone give me some hope? It is my dream to be a pilot. And what better service to be a pilot in than the Marine Corps!!!

Riper Snifle

OCC 194 TBS C 03-07
What are the chances of getting an age waiver to become a pilot? I am in college at the moment finishing an engineering degree and I fear that I will not be finished by the time I am 27 years old. I have already done 4 years in the Marines and got out a SGT. Got out so I could finish college and go back in as a pilot...

Can anyone give me some hope? It is my dream to be a pilot. And what better service to be a pilot in than the Marine Corps!!!

GreenMarineSVX there is an extension on age for those with prior service, one of the other threads on the subject should hook you up, I think it is 31, so you should be good to go. Here is one such thread http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15928&highlight=prior+service . Check with an OSO to be sure. Cheers! :)

GreenMarineSVX

GreenMarineSVX there is an extension on age for those with prior service, one of the other threads on the subject should hook you up, I think it is 31, so you should be good to go. Here is one such thread http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15928&highlight=prior+service . Check with an OSO to be sure. Cheers! :)

Thanks Much!!!!

My OSO told me once that they aren't giving out age waivers at the moment. I hope he's not just saying that to try and get me to rush through school or change my major so I can finish school faster and still get in the program. :icon_flir