• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Age waiver for 29 yr old SNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
You're too old. It's just not going to happen. No way, no how. They already have enough (read: too man applicants young enough, and they don't need you. ONLY way to get an age waiver is with prior service.

You can't sign up to fly "fighter jets" anyway. You can only sign up to be a pilot.

The army and coast guard don't have "fighter jets". Are you completely clueless?

BTW, I am not in denial, if this was not meant to be, so be it. At least I know I tried...

MJ

Not to be a total killjoy, but from where we're all standing.... you DIDN'T try. You waited until it was too late.

MJ1

and what? it took you 11yrs to finish college? i still don't get how we get from high school to age 29 without yet applying if it was something you wanted so badly...

Well, I went to college the summer after HS. It took the standard 4 years, and then I worked within the financial industry for about 3-4 years. Once I realized that finance was not for me, I then decided to pursue a second college degree. So, here I am 11 years later.

MJ

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Well, I went to college the summer after HS. It took the standard 4 years, and then I worked within the financial industry for about 3-4 years. Once I realized that finance was not for me, I then decided to pursue a second college degree. So, here I am 11 years later.

MJ

DUDE, once you finished college the first time..that was your shot to get in. Right there.I was in NROTC, dorked it up because of grades..but I've wanted to fly since I was old enough to pee in the toilet without supervision.. I just graduated this August..but you better believe I've been in contact with my recruiter via the OCS route well into my Junior year once I knew I would become GPA eligible by the end of my senior year.

You could have always tried business after/if the Navy thing didn't work out...if you loved Naval Aviation so much, why weren't you just chomping at the bit to send your package the last semester of school?

Business would have been an excellent fall back, and it MIGHT have been "for you"..after you knew that the Navy thing wouldn't work out. My back up is Air Traffic Control..but I'm trying my dream FIRST, then if that doesn't work out, I'm putting everything into plan B.

alwysfaith

AV-8B Harrier Pilot's Wife
How do you just "forget about" getting commissioned and pursuing something you've dreamed about ever since high school (after watching Top Gun)?

From my observations these guys know a lot on here, I don't think they're holding back.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
..... So, here I am 11 years later. Got it?

MJ
Here's the deal. You're either an internet troll or an idiot. Perhaps both.

You pissed away 11+ years doing the civilian thing and now you're not happy and want some "excitement".

You've been given the answer to your asinine questions more than once. Go check w/ a Navy Officer Recruiter if you don't like the answers given herein ... in any case, go away or change your approach, as you're not gonna be a Naval Aviator in this lifetime.

Got it?

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
DUDE, once you finished college the first time..that was your shot to get in. Right there. You could have always tried business after/if the Navy thing didn't work out...if you loved Naval Aviation so much, why weren't you just chomping at the bit to send your package the last semester of school...
Life happens sometimes. For one reason or another and often times fear of a drastic change (at least in my case) prevents someone from pursuing their dreams. It took me 5 years of getting my face kicked in by corporate America to make me want to go after my dream that I chalked up to being too difficult for me after college.
Whether or not this is true for the OP is not my question to answer, but one doesn't seek a commission in the United States military because he or she thought a movie was cool. There are a few Gunnery Sergeants in Rhode Island whose job it is to make those people who have that little motivation give it up rather quickly.

You're too old. It's just not going to happen. No way, no how. They already have enough (read: too man applicants young enough, and they don't need you. ONLY way to get an age waiver is with prior service.

You can't sign up to fly "fighter jets" anyway. You can only sign up to be a pilot.

The army and coast guard don't have "fighter jets". Are you completely clueless?

Not to be a total killjoy, but from where we're all standing.... you DIDN'T try. You waited until it was too late.

You can sign up to fly fighter jets in the Marines, but then again, YOU'RE TOO OLD!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I know everyone gets bent out of shape when mods come in and reply to lock threads, but just so MJ1 is clear...

You can sign up to fly fighter jets in the Marines...

No, you can't. You sign up for a Student Naval Aviator slot, just like the Navy. You then compete for "fighter jets" in Primary.

Status
Not open for further replies.