• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Age requirement for aviation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Hey,

It is 27.5 but you can get a waiver if you're not "TOO MUCH" older. I am going to be 28 in next month and I am still applying. My OSO said that as long as my PFT is great I should have no problem. PFT is VERY important for us older folks!

Peace,

-Spin

Rayman

Hey Spin,
What if I say I'm 30 yrs already and no prior time and I score perfect in my PFT, can I avail of that age waiver? What are the PFT standard of the Corps?

rayman

farkle84

PFT to score a perfect is a 3 mile run in 18:00, 20 pull ups, and 100 situps in 2 minutes. i am not sure about the age stuff though

kimphil

Before you read, I must warn you that I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Now with that out of the way, I think that the offical answer, without an age waiver, is no more than 27 and one-half years AT the time of commissioning.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What would Jesus drive?"

Duh. A truck -- Jesus was a carpenter.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Rayman,

I would speak to your OSO. I just know about my circumstance but not sure of other ages.

Peace,

-Spin

Rayman

Originally posted by farkle84
PFT to score a perfect is a 3 mile run in 18:00, 20 pull ups, and 100 situps in 2 minutes. i am not sure about the age stuff though

Meaning no push ups in the marines?

Rainman

pilot
yes, no pushups.

You won't know without putting a pkg together and applying. Not sure what the climate is right now for age waivers; a few years back it wasn't a problem for me with a mid 250s PFT. So in addition to a strong PFT (the more the merrier), the rest of your pkg probably needs to be great b/c you're competing for a slot.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.