• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Age limits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

makana

I wake up in the morning & I piss excellence.
pilot
sifu dinan said:
I understand :) As cocky as this sounds, if I'm not limited by my eyes or my age or anything else I can't help, I will get the seat I want. :icon_smil

I'm sure many of you have heard that before and some of you have probably even said it yourselves....and I believe it just as strongly as anyone else who's said it :p
Dude, you can use all the smileys you want but if or when you get the chance at a pilot slot, you may get your chance to back it up. Primary will separate the (jet) men from the (other aviator) boys. Until then...talk is cheap. * :D *

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
"Well, the world needs ditchdiggers too..."

Don't concentrate so much on the specific jet/prop/helo. It's not up to you, even if you're a natural in the top of your class. If there's not a slot for platform X available the week you finish primary, then feel free to pick door #2...or #3. Likely you'll get a "congratulations - this is what you're getting."

If you're in it just for a specific plane, you're not in it for the right reason. You're an officer of sailors, marines, whatever, first - and a pilot or NFO second.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Yeah .... all you can do is try your hardest and see how the cards are dealt. But just to let you know that it's possible ... I'm 30 and got a jet slot to Meridian .... so ... provided I don't attrite (hehe) .... I'll be flying a hornet, harrier or prowler ..... it's possible ... but I didn't sit here like .. I GOTTA GET JETS ... I wanted them but I would have been happy with helos, c-130s whatever. I wanted good grades cause I'm a hard worker and it reflects well on me. That attitude will take you a LONG way. Take it for what it's worth.

Peace,

-Spin

T37Driver

Lone Warrior
Go after what you want. I have to admit I had that Jet Only mindset. I almost DOR'd when I was at first told that I wasn't getting my first choice regardless of my grades. However, things worked out and a week later I got my pick. Tac Med Down is awesome.

sifu dinan

makana said:
Dude, you can use all the smileys you want but if or when you get the chance at a pilot slot, you may get your chance to back it up. Primary will separate the (jet) men from the (other aviator) boys. Until then...talk is cheap. * :D *
Goober said:
"Well, the world needs ditchdiggers too..."

Don't concentrate so much on the specific jet/prop/helo. It's not up to you, even if you're a natural in the top of your class. If there's not a slot for platform X available the week you finish primary, then feel free to pick door #2...or #3. Likely you'll get a "congratulations - this is what you're getting."

If you're in it just for a specific plane, you're not in it for the right reason. You're an officer of sailors, marines, whatever, first - and a pilot or NFO second.
Spin said:
Yeah .... all you can do is try your hardest and see how the cards are dealt. But just to let you know that it's possible ... I'm 30 and got a jet slot to Meridian .... so ... provided I don't attrite (hehe) .... I'll be flying a hornet, harrier or prowler ..... it's possible ... but I didn't sit here like .. I GOTTA GET JETS ... I wanted them but I would have been happy with helos, c-130s whatever. I wanted good grades cause I'm a hard worker and it reflects well on me. That attitude will take you a LONG way. Take it for what it's worth.

Peace,

-Spin
T37Driver said:
Go after what you want. I have to admit I had that Jet Only mindset. I almost DOR'd when I was at first told that I wasn't getting my first choice regardless of my grades. However, things worked out and a week later I got my pick. Tac Med Down is awesome.

I understand.

Leatherneck72

O.K, all Devil Dawgs I'am looking for the real "Skuttle Butt". I am a prior service Jarhead. 0311.0352.0321 looking to re-up.I want to fly. does the Corps. subtract age from your service time?I know by law you can enlist up untill 34. I am older than most. But my experience is that anything is waiverable and the needs of the Marine Corps. come first.Be advised the Marines have not meet its Rec. goals in five months and counting. 1st time in 10years.Anyone with a good SITREP contact leatherneck72@go.com Thanks ,all you hard-core "Devil Dawgs"

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
sifu dinan said:
And I've always planned on joining that Marine Corps as opposed to the Navy, not sure how that changes the situation. I should've mentioned that before...

Yes, that means 75% of all pilots are helo pilots.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
T37Driver said:
Tac Med Down is awesome.

TAC med down is crap. If you faked a med down to select in a different week, that's ****ed up. Integrity anyone?

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Concur with the above. Dont think people dont notice and realize you are building the foundation of your fleet reputation. Noone remembers how many aboves you got but people do rememmber if you were that weasel who went tactical med down to get what you want. Something to think about.

Hmmmm 3 fleet aviators of one fairly strong opinion on this one, might want to take heed.

Status
Not open for further replies.