• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Age limit approaching fast- Am I done for a Naval Aviation career?

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
Great to see you back AG. Got tied up again but will touch base this week.

You sure about that statement regarding OCS?

Gillie1985

Okay I'm wondering if anyone knows the max cut off ages for the following programs. I'm prior Navy with over four years active. I've been out for 2 and 1/2 years so far. I'm looking into Aviation first so AMDO or NFO if i get selected since i was an AM while in. The other two are Supply or SWO, pretty much my two back up's. I just turned 29 two weeks ago from today. I know prior military members get a age waiver, but is is 48 months across the board or does it depend on your program of which you are applying for. I take the ASTB-E on the 13th of next month and I should be done with college around July/2015 time frame or sooner. Also another question, are all boards conducted in February? I ask because If i pass the test first time up, then I plan on doing an academic overload since my current GPA is over 3.4 and graduate in May and try to submit a packet for a summer board if they have one during that time. So far I want to thank everyone for all the study material i ran across so far on here. I think i'll do well next month. Best to luck to everyone who really wants to become an officer.

exNavyOffRec

Okay I'm wondering if anyone knows the max cut off ages for the following programs. I'm prior Navy with over four years active. I've been out for 2 and 1/2 years so far. I'm looking into Aviation first so AMDO or NFO if i get selected since i was an AM while in. The other two are Supply or SWO, pretty much my two back up's. I just turned 29 two weeks ago from today. I know prior military members get a age waiver, but is is 48 months across the board or does it depend on your program of which you are applying for. I take the ASTB-E on the 13th of next month and I should be done with college around July/2015 time frame or sooner. Also another question, are all boards conducted in February? I ask because If i pass the test first time up, then I plan on doing an academic overload since my current GPA is over 3.4 and graduate in May and try to submit a packet for a summer board if they have one during that time. So far I want to thank everyone for all the study material i ran across so far on here. I think i'll do well next month. Best to luck to everyone who really wants to become an officer.

Some designators give waivers some do not, SNA is out for you because with waiver the max age is 29, NFO, SWO, Supply all go up to 31 AMDO has a high age limit.

I believe the board date cutoff for AMDO is mid Feb and same with Supply, NFO and SWO are rolling. The boards are not held winter, summer, etc... they are held on specific dates set aside based on the needs of the designator. AMDO is difficult to get into, the look for AD or prior service with ideally AIMD supervisory experience and tech degree or business degree. Supply desires business degrees or tech degrees and high GPA, SWO needs good GPA, NFO needs good ASTB score and GPA.

RUFIO has put out info from NRC that a person won't be considered for SWO unless it is listed #1 or #2, from my experience AMDO rarely picks anyone that doesn't list them #1 and same with Supply.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Ask and you shall receive.
http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/Program-Authorizations.htm

Everything is put out in detail. Remember, age limit means you have to be commissioned prior to turning the max age. So for example, if age cut off for pilot is 29, you need to graduate OCS and get commissioned prior to turning 29.

Gillie1985

Thanks so much for the information. So now i have to pick out of the four will make my top two. I'm earning my degree in business and I'm more than positive I can get my GPA up to an 3.7 or higher before graduation. So what I'm looking at going by the information is having my packet done a six months before my 30th birthday, but I can't submit it until a board is open. So let's say a board won't happen until February 2016, That means I would have 10 months to get to OCS and graduate before I turn 31. That's if I don't get AMDO, well let's hope i pass the test first time up and get picked up first look. Is there a time frame of when people go to OCS? Or is it like when we went to pick a job at MEPS and they sent you to boot camp based on when your A-School started?

exNavyOffRec

Thanks so much for the information. So now i have to pick out of the four will make my top two. I'm earning my degree in business and I'm more than positive I can get my GPA up to an 3.7 or higher before graduation. So what I'm looking at going by the information is having my packet done a six months before my 30th birthday, but I can't submit it until a board is open. So let's say a board won't happen until February 2016, That means I would have 10 months to get to OCS and graduate before I turn 31. That's if I don't get AMDO, well let's hope i pass the test first time up and get picked up first look. Is there a time frame of when people go to OCS? Or is it like when we went to pick a job at MEPS and they sent you to boot camp based on when your A-School started?

you can apply within 6 months of graduation, if you wait until the March 2016 board for AMDO and are not picked up (very possible given low number of selections), then you wouldn't have enough time to submit for other designators that have a age limit of 31.

Gillie1985

Holy crap that's great I'm about six months out now. So i would have to do the test, meps and the whole packet next month and submit my packet for the upcoming February/2015 board. That's great to hear, Now I got to even push hardy to make sure I pass the test next month. Thanks for the information once again.

exNavyOffRec

Holy crap that's great I'm about six months out now. So i would have to do the test, meps and the whole packet next month and submit my packet for the upcoming February/2015 board. That's great to hear, Now I got to even push hardy to make sure I pass the test next month. Thanks for the information once again.

Feb board means the deadline is in Jan, you probably have only about 3 weeks to get everything done for AMDO, the others are much more doable.