• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Age Cut-Off for Fighter Pilot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No special age cut off for fighter dude. Just the standard age limit for OCS application for pilot training.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
OK, I don't know enough about you. For another, this is the NFO forum, if you want to more aobut pilot then check elsewhere. Since I work in recruiting I'll help you. Your profile says you are Navy. If you are active duty enlisted and have a degree then you can apply for OCS. You would be too old to enter OCS for pilot or NFO (you don't apply to be a fighter pilot you apply for a designator, you find out what you fly later and it may not be what you want) even with a prior service waiver. If you do not have a degree you have to go STA-21 to get your degree, but the same age limits apply as do for OC sourced student aviator. If you are currently an officer looking to lateral transfer to another designator, ie pilot, then the age limits I stated above do not apply, but it depends on your year group and you should check out the appropriate Navy Instruction.

NavyTinkerBell

Navy TinkerBell
I have few classes left for a A.S(Getting a Vet Degree). I just enlisted for jet mechanic(My seconed love of my life next to Animals) to help pay for vet school, My 28th birthday is coming up in few weeks.

Your proubly wondering how would I do both? LOL
Well, When I'm not at the base I will work as a ER Vet!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Looks like you will be too old for OCS and flight training by the time you get your four year degree. Seems like your plate is full anyway. Good luck.

Jeff29

Science Project
Age Cutoffs

I believe the actual cutoffs are: Commissioned by age 27 for pilot and age 31 for NFO. Some Navy communities (mostly Restricted Line and Staff), have a cutoff age of 35.

Status
Not open for further replies.