• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Age clarification regarding FO

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
There are several of us wanna-be FOs who are right on the cusp of our 26 to 27th birthdays and looking at possible DQs for age.

Can any FOs shed any light on what the current age parameters, as of now, are for FO?

I have spoken with a variety of sources to include current FOs, FOs serving in recruiting capacities, NAMI flight surgeons and NAMI documents and it all seems to conflict and/or appear vague.

Here are some of the responses for your information:

NAMI documents: commissioned by 27 (didn't know if that applied for both NA and FO)

Flight surgeon: 27 but at OCS, if you are technically over the hill by then, you can submit for a waiver during your OCS/flight physical

Current FOs: commissioned by the last day of 27th birthday

RUMINT: 29, possibly 30

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Much obliged and thank you.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There are several of us wanna-be FOs who are right on the cusp of our 26 to 27th birthdays and looking at possible DQs for age.

Can any FOs shed any light on what the current age parameters, as of now, are for FO?

I have spoken with a variety of sources to include current FOs, FOs serving in recruiting capacities, NAMI flight surgeons and NAVAIR documents and it all seems to conflict and/or appear vague.

Here are some of the responses for your information:

NAVAIR documents: commissioned by 27 (didn't know if that applied for both NA and FO)

Flight surgeon: 27 but at OCS, if you are technically over the hill by then, you can submit for a waiver during your OCS/flight physical

Current FOs: commissioned by the last day of 27th birthday

RUMINT: 29, possibly 30

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Much obliged and thank you.

Probably some of the confusion lies with the folks who have prior service. They're able to get a pretty much automatic waiver month for month (up to 48 months, IIRC) for prior enlisted service. Other than that, I'm pretty sure the 27 thing is the general rule. As with anything in the Navy, you won't get a waiver unless you ask, and that certainly doesn't hurt.

The search function is your friend.

Brett

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
Appreciate it Brett.

I just wanted to cover my bases given all the information floating around.

Looks like a few of us will be taking a trip down the attempted Waiver Road...

dimlight85

bears, beets, battlestar galactica.
I was trying to find this info out before I went to OCS too and didn't find anything conclusive. I turned 27 while at OCS and no one said a word to me about age. Before I went, there were two pieces of conflicting info out there regarding age limits for FO's, one said 27 and one said 30. I commissioned in February after turning 27 in November so I'm guessing it was the latter that held true.

Mos

None
I was trying to find this info out before I went to OCS too and didn't find anything conclusive. I turned 27 while at OCS and no one said a word to me about age. Before I went, there were two pieces of conflicting info out there regarding age limits for FO's, one said 27 and one said 30. I commissioned in February after turning 27 in November so I'm guessing it was the latter that held true.

Same here. I turned 27 last August, commissioned in February.

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
That's encouraging. Thanks for the heads up.

I guess a few of us will just have to sit back and take it in stride. Thanks again for the input.

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
For follow up, it is required that the person appointed be commissioned by 27.

My NRD is submitting a waiver despite me being a non-prior. They feel I have a good case for several reasons which I will not go into here.

I will keep this thread posted with details as this unfolds. I will add more as it develops.

Thanks to all who have provided any information.