• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Age and health restrictions USMC wannabe pilot

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
The age limitations don't have anything to do with when you start primary. They are "commissioned by the age of" limits. That would be the long pole in the tent, but at least that isn't as long a pole as trying to game when you will finally be done with potentially sitting around Pcola for a few months, IFS, API, and finally classing up for primary. It's been a decade since I was up to speed with commissioning/entry requirements, but I seem to remember 27.5 for the USMC waiverable to 29 with prior enlisted service (which doesn't applicable to your scenario). At 26, you should have time as long as you are nearing completion of college or are already done, and you are in the process of getting into OCS.

asmec47

You guys got jokes! And you're right the quality of advice is dependent to the quality of information I provide. As far as the rest of the package, would that include sports and academic accomplishments, leadership roles, references, experience and pilot's license? Honestly I have always been stopped at step one so I haven't made it very far. I secured strong references, worked on getting transcripts together and outlined the motivational statement.

My understanding is that the PFT is the most important, and in decreasing significance sports accomplishments, leadership roles, previous flight experience, references, and everything else is about tied. I was planning on competing in the next crossfit open and if anyone has more advice on focus areas that would be awesome.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Geology!

My degree is in geology as well...but your GPA is MUCH higher than mine was.

:cool:
mad dog, as a geologist you should be out in the field finding oil, instead of up in the skies consuming it!:eek:
BzB

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
mad dog, as a geologist you should be out in the field finding oil, instead of up in the skies consuming it! :eek:
BzB
Sir, I'm not much of a geologist...never worked in field. Upon college graduation in 1986, I couldn't find any work in geology...so I decided to go to AOCS! WOOT! :D

You're definitely spot-on about consuming it (oil)...the MD-88 (but not the MD-90) puts out HUMONGOUS smoke trails. WOOT AGAIN! :D

asmec47

You consume it, I find it! That's funny, out in the Gulf of Mexico now. My GPA might be a little higher but I used beer as an incentive to complete assignments and that was pretty effective.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You're definitely spot-on about consuming it (oil)...the MD-88 (but not the MD-90) puts out HUMONGOUS smoke trails. WOOT AGAIN! :D
Actually, the oil consumption I was referring to, was jet fuel, not engine lube oil. Speaking of smoke trails, the F-4 Phantom left epic smoke trails (check Catmando's avatar some time)!:eek:
BzB

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Actually, the oil consumption I was referring to, was jet fuel, not engine lube oil. Speaking of smoke trails, the F-4 Phantom left epic smoke trails (check Catmando's avatar some time)!:eek:
BzB
My mistake...I meant oil...as in crude oil...that is refined into jet fuel. But...I will say that the MD-88 also leaks bunches of engine lube oil...I get it on my uniform shirt every now and then when it's windy during preflight. Yeppers...I've seen Catmando's avatar...SMOKEM IF YA GOTTEM! The F-4 definitely smokes a wee bit more than the MD-88! ;)