• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

After OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhafeman

Ok I know the answer is buried somewhere on this website but I lost patience in trying to find it. What happens to SNA's (who already have flight time) who are waiting for API? Do they work for the Navy in Pensacola or are they sent back to work for their recruiter or is it something else?

bart27

To add to this question, for those who have completed OCS and later gone on to or waiting for API, did you remain in P'cola following graduation or did you take leave for a few days? I guess I'm wondering what to do about my everyday clothing, office supplies, books, bike, and the like. Do I take enough things to get by after OCS and leave them in my car during the 13 wks or do I just take what I need for OCS and get everything else later? Will I be allowed and/or given time to fly/drive home to gather these items following OCS? What did some of you do? Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I remember reading that there's about a six-month wait for API and that people were being sent to grad school. I have no firsthand knowledge though, I'm still in school.

bart27

Grad school? That wouldn't be too bad. Do OCS graduates usually take leave immediately following OCS?

bart27

Ok, there have been 150+ readers since I posted my question...cant someone shed some light as to the logistics following OCS? I'm not trying to be rude, but I was really hoping that there would be some input out there from those who have been through OCS and are now waiting or in API.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If there is a wait between OCS and API you will be expected to take the civ intro flight prgram. Don't recall what it is called, FIS? for pilots NFIS? for NFOs. If you have over a certain number of civ flight time you don't get to do the civ flight intro. Still, if there is time between OCS and API you will be stashed. You can get a good stash job by asking around for the good deals. Talk to the guys just coming off a stash job checking into API. A very common job is going to your home town recruiter's office. Not a bad deal. Home everyday, little work, all no stress and it doesn't cost ya leave. You can take leave if you want, but a good stash job saves the leave. Some guys actually snag jobs at the RAG so they can hang around planes and maybe go flying. Can also work as staff at some of the OCS class programs. Some guys work as swim instructors. I can't believe the are "sending" guys to grad school. Probably guys hanging out locally in Pcola with nothing bettwer to do then take some night classes at UCF or something. Make the best of the wait by getting a good stash job and learn something about the real Navy. Even recruiting is good for that. You will hear plenty of sea stories from the recruiters. Just don't forget the donuts on fridays.

aoconnor

I was recruited where I go to school. If I wanted to help recruiters during my stash time would I come back to Raleigh or could I go to the recruiting office at my home town -which is smaller than Raleigh.

Thanks

AldAE

My follow on school (AMDO) is scheduled for a month after my graduation. I am sure I will be stashed doing some admin job until then. As far as the grad school thing, I think that may be offered as an option but not supported by the Navy while you are waiting to class up.

av8tor

Presently, the Officer's Home Town Recruiting Program (OHARP) is canx'd for aviators. Your to valuable in the API phone muster stash pool.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Bummer, no aviators for OHARP! Who is going to sit at my knee in awe whilst I tell stories of daring do? Who will go onto campus with me to watch all the pretty girls? Who will race GSA cars with me? Who will stroke my ego? WHO WILL BUY THE DONUTS ON FRIDAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.