• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

After OCS Pre Selection

mosst75268

Does anyone know what they look at medically after getting pre selected? I was recently pre selected for Pilot and was wondering how long the next step is and what they are exactly looking for. Thanks in advance.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Does anyone know what they look at medically after getting pre selected? I was recently pre selected for Pilot and was wondering how long the next step is and what they are exactly looking for. Thanks in advance.
Do you mean pro rec'ed? As in selected at one of the boards? If so, and assuming you must've already gone to MEPS, the next thing medically is Medical Monday after Check-In Sunday at OCS. They check your eyes, ears, anthros, blood, and all that fun stuff. Most of the stuff you already had done at MEPS, actually. But they'll also dilate your eyes and give you some awesome Terminator glasses for a few days.

mosst75268

Do you mean pro rec'ed? As in selected at one of the boards? If so, and assuming you must've already gone to MEPS, the next thing medically is Medical Monday after Check-In Sunday at OCS. They check your eyes, ears, anthros, blood, and all that fun stuff. Most of the stuff you already had done at MEPS, actually. But they'll also dilate your eyes and give you some awesome Terminator glasses for a few days.

I'm currently active duty and was told today that I had been pre selected for pilot, they just have to review my medical in the next step. I was wondering if it is my whole medical or the medical that I submitted with my package. Thanks for the reply.

BeLikeMike

Primary!!!
I'm currently active duty and was told today that I had been pre selected for pilot, they just have to review my medical in the next step. I was wondering if it is my whole medical or the medical that I submitted with my package. Thanks for the reply.
I'm getting ready to check into OCS tomorrow and I was also active duty. They only check the medical paperwork that you submitted with your application, the 280 and 2807-1 forms.

mosst75268

I'm getting ready to check into OCS tomorrow and I was also active duty. They only check the medical paperwork that you submitted with your application, the 280 and 2807-1 forms.

Thanks man appreciate it. How long after you were pre selected did you get an OCS date? Thanks for the info.

TA910

"Spoon"
pilot

Good luck to both of you. Congrats! Im non AD right now still waiting on the news. Hope to see you guys one day. Thank you for your previous service

ShultsSWO

I'm still confused. Were you Professionally Recommended as in a ProY status on your submission to OCS? I remember when I put in a package for Pilot I had been told I was pre selected. Granted, that just meant I met the standards, it didn't mean I was ProY by the boards. The way it works is you get recommended by medical, usually an LT if your AD. Then you do the rest of the 1420.1B and submit your package with all the goods. Once you do that you wait for a board. When you get a ProY you then are in stand by for a FS or final select letter, which is a fancy way of saying a class up date.

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
I think you were pro recd which means you were selected and pending medical you will get a final select. At OCS you will get a flight physical which is the next hurdle. Where are you stationed? I know Oceana will give you a SNA flight physical. This will help alleviate a NAMI whammie at OCS.

IUGUY

okay, can anyone clarify...... Do people with PRO REC Y ever not get a FS letter for other arbitrary reasons outside medical, security clearance,
or diciplinary reasons???

Basically i want to know if I assume my medical is good , my security clearance is good, and i stay out of trouble can i pretty much assume i will be
in rhode island sometime this year?

exNavyOffRec

okay, can anyone clarify...... Do people with PRO REC Y ever not get a FS letter for other arbitrary reasons outside medical, security clearance,
or diciplinary reasons???

Basically i want to know if I assume my medical is good , my security clearance is good, and i stay out of trouble can i pretty much assume i will be
in rhode island sometime this year?

very rare, if you are AD then pretty much you have done all the steps that are between a Pro Y and receiving a FS letter.

CTFly1

If i had a full SNA physical done (cycloplegic and all) in October, will I still have to do the full thing again at OCS?