• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AFROTC to x commision to USMC as pilot question

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
No worries. Post your story, however it turns out, when you come up with a plan.

Birdman

The Air Force and the Marine Corps are just about the complete opposite of each other. Why the change from half-as$ed and lazy to straight to hardcore?

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
If the school isn't an approved Cross-Town the Navy isn't going to pay for it and you can't do NROTC. I tried the same thing and I talked to the SE NROTC Director for that answer. This info is a year old, but I couldn't see that changing.

pdx

HSM Pilot
So the way I understand this, other than OCS I have two options that I'm not at all sure are possible. 1- possibly attend NROTC as a cross-town student from a school that isn't listed officially as a cross-town school, or 2- remain in AFROTC and somehow commission into the Navy anyway. does anyone have any info on whether either/both of these is actually possible and, if so, how to get started. other than that I guess my choices would be transferring to an NROTC school, BDCP or graduate and apply to OCS? Everyone on the site has already been a weath of helpful knowledge, and I'd really appreciate anything anyone could tell me about this position.

In your situation, BDCP might be a great program to look into. It is good at any accredited school, and you can apply now as a sophomore. They offer 3 year programs for tech majors and 2 year programs for non-tech majors. It will be competitive, but not any more so than any of your other options. Also, BDCP will allow you to lock in an SNA or SNFO slot before you sign anything. You may not get a scholarship per se, but the stipend is nearly as good in my book.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
2- remain in AFROTC and somehow commission into the Navy anyway. does anyone have any info on whether either/both of these is actually possible and, if so, how to get started.
I don't know if it is still possible, but in 1982 it was. I was in Army ROTC and looked at cross commissioning into the Navy. To accomplish this, you had to be a "Legacy". You had to have 2 generations of immediate relatives in the Navy. It could be Granddad and Dad, Dad and brother, etc.

I ended up getting out of Army ROTC and attending AOCS. I was not a "Legacy".