• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Afraid that my motivational statement is too radical...

Status
Not open for further replies.

craftingraptor

Dreaming about the P-8A
pilot
Wow.

IF he is accepted to OCS AND graduates OCS, he'll come back to "resolve of an aircraft carrier" and it'll make him chuckle.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Will He...Or Not?

I cant wait til he comes back personally.

If the "hipster" takes the easy way out and doesn't come back, then he doesn't belong in a Navy cockpit or ready room. Should he return with some semblance of humility, he might turn out OK. If he returns unchanged, let the fun continue "Doggies"!:icon_smil

Wannabees often have a problem defining the fine line between confidence and arrogance.:paperbag_
BzB

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
I've been trying to decide which quote in this thread needs to be my new .sig line, but I just can't choose between all the great possibilities.

In all seriousness, hopefully the OP realizes that the reception his statement received in this thread is a microcosm (or maybe macrocosm...there probably aren't this many officers even on the OCS board!) of the reaction the board members will have when they read his statement.

If we're not buying it, why does his obviously superior wit and wisdom fail to compute that the board probably won't buy it, either.

I believe it's what you swabbie types would call a "down" for "headwork".

HueyHornet75

pilot
this sort of reminds me of that email that went around a couple years ago about that ensign who was the most motivated stash guy ever...and how he'd go out and meet the blues after their flights? Did that guy ever get slammed on AW? please someone say yes.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
this sort of reminds me of that email that went around a couple years ago about that ensign who was the most motivated stash guy ever...and how he'd go out and meet the blues after their flights? Did that guy ever get slammed on AW? please someone say yes.

The Lead Ensign?! That joke still pops up every now and then around here...

aukonak

Thing is, the creative writing really isn't that great. Someone above characterized them as platitudes, and I agree 100%. Int'l relations major here and I've always been a pretty good writer. IMO, the similes are sophomoric and really just sound like a weak attempt to be deep. The resolve of a carrier? So in your laziness to effectively illustrate your resolve with real-life experience, you go to flowery speech that sheds no light on who you really are?

Agree with the other advice given. It looks like things have run their course here, figured I'd just give my input.

Also, I'm not a Naval Officer (yet) but I would imagine that as a junior officer you should also be able to demonstrate willingness to learn, adapt, and take it in stride. This is my impression and from advice I've been given from officers in the community. I don't think you've demonstrated these qualities at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.