• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

afoqt and naval aviator test

Status
Not open for further replies.

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
ya, the afoqt is MUCH longer and more thorough. it's a 4-hour academic marathon. The astb takes about half as long to complete. There's a marine study guide on this site that follows the format of the astb. Check it out.

riley

The AFOQT has really fun sections - like "follow the circuit path to the end" and "find the three-dimensional figure in the picture" - typical questions you would find with the Air Force. Also math and language sections. For the Naval test, the math and language questions are mixed together.

Air Force recruiters have a little book with examples if you wanted to see what one is like. Arco puts out a study guide for the Naval test - the AFOQT might be included in that as well - although I'm not positive.

bart27

Time management is much more crucial during the AFOQT vs ASTB. I found the AFOQT to be harder only b/c there were more verbal sections and I suck at grammer. I believe that if you dont do well on the AFOQT, you have to wait 6 months to retake vs 30 days for the ASTB. If you plan on taking the AFOQT, try to find and take as many practice tests as possible. It will help w/ time management.

Status
Not open for further replies.