• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AF recruiting video pulled...AF recruits in better shape than most marines?

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
To give the AF credit and prevent this from going back to DADT...

tock-1st of all the USAF is considered a joke in other branches and there is another 3 branches that arent as relaxed. and if your wanting to mix gays with straights of the same gender it would be the same as mixing men and women togetherstraight and that wont work out will it?

This I don't think anyone can debate: If I have a daughter that REALLY wants to go into the military, I will encourage the Air Force and Coast Guard above the other services. Just seems to be more condusive to females.

Arguements?

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
tock-1st of all the USAF is considered a joke in other branches and there is another 3 branches that arent as relaxed. and if your wanting to mix gays with straights of the same gender it would be the same as mixing men and women togetherstraight and that wont work out will it?

Please stop. Just stop. I just got dumber by reading that post.

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot

I had something constructive to add, but after reading this post I literally forgot everything.

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
This I don't think anyone can debate: If I have a daughter that REALLY wants to go into the military, I will encourage the Air Force and Coast Guard above the other services. Just seems to be more condusive to females.

Arguements?

And why is it that such a statement isn't debatable?

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
And why is it that such a statement isn't debatable?

Because, IMHO, it isn't. But I posted to see if anyone disagreed that women tend to have a better working environment in the AF and USCG, enlisted and officer, then other services...does that clear it up?

HackerF15E

None
Because, IMHO, it isn't. But I posted to see if anyone disagreed that women tend to have a better working environment in the AF and USCG, enlisted and officer, then other services...does that clear it up?

I guess so...

It's just strange to make a statement, which is your opinion, and then say that no one can debate that it is not true.

Just curious, then, what is your opinion based on?

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Just curious, then, what is your opinion based on?

Really? ... um ... the personal experiences of my own life and those around me? Occasionally a statistic? Is that right?

This seems so exististential for a discussion forum.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Having spent my career in one service it would be tough for me to debate which is better for women. I think we treat women well, and their are great opportunities in the CG for a woman...we've had women on ships, in all of our aircraft, and in command and control for quite a while. We need to increase our numbers, but that is for the bean counters to figure out...

What isn't debatable is that the Air Force has the highest number of attractive females. This is a universal truth.

HackerF15E

None
Really? ... um ... the personal experiences of my own life and those around me? Occasionally a statistic? Is that right?

This seems so exististential for a discussion forum.

What's so bizarre about wanting to know why you make a certain statement? After all, you are the one who threw down the gauntlet that the statement couldn't be argued or debated.

I read a lot of utter crap on military forums from people in one service talking about another service. The vast majority of the time, the people making the statements have no experience with that other service, and are simply stating what they "think" is true.

If you've served in/with the USN, USA, USAF, USMC, and USCG, and are able to make the statement that the work environment for females is better in the USAF and USCG, then that is fantastic.

Like HercDriver, I've spent my career in only one service, and outside of some short joint jobs in deployed locations, have no experience with any of the others. I can't really comment on the culture or atmosphere of them based on that exposure.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
What's so bizarre about wanting to know why you make a certain statement? After all, you are the one who threw down the gauntlet that the statement couldn't be argued or debated.

Ok, sorry...From my 7 months of a joint job and everyone I've talked to there and seeing their interaction with other service members, enlisted and officer. I don't think that what I said was an untrue statement. IMHO, that is. :) I was just trying to bring it back to the subject and obviously failed...

I read a lot of utter crap on military forums from people in one service talking about another service. The vast majority of the time, the people making the statements have no experience with that other service, and are simply stating what they "think" is true.

I also think what I said is true. If I didn't it'd have :D after it (The airwarrior's universal smiley for "just kidding" or "har har").

If you've served in/with the USN, USA, USAF, USMC, and USCG, ......

Nope.

I can't really comment on the culture or atmosphere of them based on that exposure.

I guess I feel like I can and would encourage my daughter or close female relative to, in today's military, join the CG or AF.

HackerF15E

None
Chunks -

From the Big Blue perspective, I'd have to say that I've only seen a *very few* issues with females in the USAF. Those were with some old guard pilots who had issues with female pilots and WSOs in fighters. It was all bar-talk, and so far as I can tell never went anywhere.

In general, the blue service is so overly concerned about being an equal opportunity, non-offensive culture that it's barely even possible to actually accomplish our mission to kill people and break things from the air. After all, killing other people is sometimes offensive to them.

Anyway, I would not personally have any issues with a daughter of mine serving in *any* branch of the US military.

HornyU2

pilot
None
Sorry I went Nordo

Vick and Hacker,

Sorry to bail after my initial shot. I've been a bit busy with finishing up my Inst upgrade down here in K-Rock, and now find some time on my hands again.

Vick - Sorry to hear about Ghandis Security forces incident. Funny thing (not that any of this is actually funny) is that this is not his first time on the short end of the SF ass clown stick. I think he experienced their idiocracy on his first trip there, and in a similar manner. Just hearing this story gets my blood boiling. But, I can't tell you how many heritage room beers have been spent talking about this-to the point where we are all just numb to it. I'm not sure the Air Force can be fixed - with respect to the culture of disregard for mission in lieu of the smaller kingdom.

Sounds like the F-15E community, based on Hackers' account, is just as infected with the "my-kingdom-first" virus. But, based on my experience with the support officers at Squadron Officer School (SOS,) I am in no way surprised. They certainly wanted to make it known that their individual unit/group mission (OSI, SF, Finance, Services,...) was just as important as the flying mission. Of course, I understand that the flying mission would not be executed successfully without the support troops and officers. But, we don't fly jets so that we can file travel vouchers. And we don't fly jets so that the SF troops can protect them. We file travel vouchers so that we can fly jets. And, we protect the jets so that they can be flown. Semantically, its a minor difference. Philosophically - its a monumental difference.

Vick - Please PM me with Ghandi's and your e-mail over in the desert.

Cheers

Horny

HackerF15E

None
But, based on my experience with the support officers at Squadron Officer School (SOS,) I am in no way surprised. They certainly wanted to make it known that their individual unit/group mission (OSI, SF, Finance, Services,...) was just as important as the flying mission. Of course, I understand that the flying mission would not be executed successfully without the support troops and officers. But, we don't fly jets so that we can file travel vouchers. And we don't fly jets so that the SF troops can protect them. We file travel vouchers so that we can fly jets. And, we protect the jets so that they can be flown. Semantically, its a minor difference. Philosophically - its a monumental difference.

Spot on.

There are a shit-ton of USAF personnel -- officer and enlisted alike -- that fail to grasp that. It is the #1 or #2 cancer infecting the USAF currently -- this reversal of priorities that has the support folks thinking they *are* the mission.

I frequently have to remind those people that we are not the "US Support Force".

I have also resorted to calling the Mission Support Group (the AF organization that owns nearly support function outside of flying airplanes, fixing airplanes, or fixing people) by the name "The Group", as they neither provide support nor execute the mission.