• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AF non-flying to Navy pilot

vinny

a buddy of mine, who is an active duty airforce (non-flying) 1stLt, asked me if it is possible to transition to the navy and snag an sna slot. can anyone shed some SERIOUS light on this? thanks, yogi

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
yogi3 said:
a buddy of mine, who is an active duty airforce (non-flying) 1stLt, asked me if it is possible to transition to the navy and snag an sna slot. can anyone shed some SERIOUS light on this? thanks, yogi
I think it's great that you want to help a friend out, but why not send him here first hand? Two heads are better than one, and his head is better than yours, if he's the one who's interested...

All the same, good luck!

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
Yes, it is possible. We have such a guy in TACAMO right now. He had an AF pilot slot, was sent to Pcola, AF decided they had too many pilots in training so they forced him and a lot of others around him to become navs since they were already there. Down the line they decided what the AF did wasn't legal so they offered him a bunch of choices, and he chose a non-flying job of his choice with preference for pilot selection a little ways down the road. Skip ahead to a little ways down the road: He needs a waiver for being very slightly too old to start UPT, AF won't give it to him. He gets a job offer to fly 16s for a guard unit but needs to be let out of his AF commitment a few months early, guess what, AF won't let him go. He ends up later working for an admiral who gets him an SNA slot, and ends up getting E-6s out of that (ironic, ain't it, goes through AF flight training after all that BS).

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
And how old was this guy when he got his wings? (Just curious as to see how long it took him)