• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AF Counterterrorism Funds Spent On "Comfort Capsules"

VIZKRIEG

KILL
This is just ridiculous. I'm not sure why the freaking degree of darkness of the wood on the table matters one tiny little bit. What a waste of resources.

Huggy Bear

pilot
Alright, I'll play devil's advocate here.

Any of you ever been inside the admiral's quarters? Not exactly 'austere' compared to the rest of the ship.

Pags

N/A
pilot

Any of you ever been inside the admiral's quarters? Not exactly 'austere' compared to the rest of the ship.

Doing DLQs one night, I got stuck on a CG because the winds picked up and the helo couldn't land to pick me up. The ship was in full cortramid swing, and just about every empty rack on board is now full of 19yr olds. That left the Admiral's Cabin for me. Nice digs. It was nice to know I could wake up in the middle of the night and know exactly what course and speed we were going from the repeaters in the overhead. And I had a phone in the shitter.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

The embarked admiral and captain of a carrier definitely have best accommodations, but it is their "office" for the duration, not a deluxe first class cabin for a trip overseas measured in hours versus months. That is like apples and oranges. A better comparison would be a Air Force General's digs ashore stateside or forward.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
I might break with the rest of everyone and say I don't really see it as such a large issue. Maybe bad form to take money from counter terrorism funding, but that would be about it. So they diverted 16.2 million. That's chump change. And if it allows them to convert a few regular transport aircraft to carry VIPs/Flag O's as opposed to procuring a whole new aircraft for that, it isn't such an issue.

As far as their whole decor thing goes... well... we all know that the Air Force is by and large a homosexual organization. What did you expect? Queer Eye for the Flag Guy.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Obviously, Robert Gates didn't fire enough people some 3 weeks ago. This is the worst example of "total-failure-in-leadership" that I've seen in some time. The Navy may have its own example(s) of similar BS, and, if so, I hope they get fired, too. Back in the day, we envied the CNO because he had his own A-3 to ride around in.