• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

I am wondering about a book that I am currently reading, AERODYNAMICS FOR NAVAL AVIATORS. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it what is used in API? It seems a bit more technical that what I would have thought would be covered in API. By the way what are the books used in API, is there a way to get a hold of them prior.

Thanks

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Jeff,

I have never seen or heard of that book before. As for the "books" during API, you recieve a stack of them prior to starting, and basically they are unbound books made up by CNATRA and CNET. Most of the information comes from other sources, and has been water downed or items the Navy is particularly interested in are expanded upon. For instance the FRR and INAV books pull heavily from the AIM/FAR. Each of the books is also broken down in to chapters with learning objectives and questions at the end of each, so it is more like a workbook. Unfortunately, to my knowledge there isn't any way to get your hands on the early.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Jeff,

Aerodynamics for Naval Aviators is a great book. Yes, it is kind of technical in nature. However, the text they use in API does draw its topics from that reference. Don't worry so much about the math portion in the book. Concentrate on the theory and the principles. We never had to do any mathematical problems with aerodynamics in API. But believe me, there is plenty of theory to just about make you sick. So browse through the book and digest what you can before you show up and you'll already be 3 steps ahead of the game. Take care and good luck.

--Steve Wilkins

Stephen

I have that book also, and I must agree with you that it is very technical, however, I must say that I would not try to worry myself trying to understand everything in the book. Once we make it to api we will probaly have the oppurtunity to learn everything we need to know without getting to confused in the process.

Stephen J. Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.