• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AERO 1 Flashcards

Thunderboom

Cat Herder at MATSG21
Here we go, the firehose is on. Attatched are the AERO 1 ELOs entered onto peel and stick mailing labels. You will need Avery mailing labels #18163 (2x4) and #8160 (1x2 5/8). I tried to keep the word to be defined as close to the definition as possible, but some definitions were too big and had to be transfered to the 2x4 label. You will have to match words and definitions, but the sheets are in linear order, chapters 1-6. Some words have 2 definition labels, so make sure you look at each one carefully. These definitions come from the ELOs found on the site: www.debich.net

Disclaimer: Live by the gouge, die by the gouge. Review everything carefully. This is just a study aid and should not be used soley for test prep. Good luck.

If you want to reply, I don't need to know about spelling errors and grammar, only errors in the information. I will continue to post similar labels for the other 5 subjects.

Attachments

• AERO 1 Flashcards.doc
    134.5 KB · Views: 293
  • AERO big flashcard.doc
    97.5 KB · Views: 116
  • ruhf2.jpg
    ruhf2.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 108

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Way too much effort for aero I, but good luck with it.

Thunderboom

Cat Herder at MATSG21
Wow, thanks you guys, I would have never thought of paying attention to repeated items and foot stomping.

"too much effort"?, this doesn't exist....but perhaps you are right, and I should put forth just enough effort to pass.

Thanks for your insightfull comments.

GMan1976

Banned
hey, don't slam people for trying to help you out. seriously, when you're done w/ API you'll understand where we're coming from. It's cake... I completely overstressed API when I should have been thinking about Primary (where doing well REALLY matters). Now, that's not to say "just get by", but it doesn't take much to "excel" in API. Primary is where I really got my wakeup call....

pdx

HSM Pilot
Wow, thanks you guys, I would have never thought of paying attention to repeated items and foot stomping.

"too much effort"?, this doesn't exist....but perhaps you are right, and I should put forth just enough effort to pass.

Don't let anybody blast you for "too much effort." People ahead of you are making comments from their perspective, but for you AERO 1 is, no kidding, the most important thing in your career.

However, you will probably look back on this particular study technique and realize it is comical. In primary and later in advanced, the RAG, the fleet, etc, you will have to learn things that are much more complicated, and you will have to do it in less time. I guarantee you won't be putting quite this much effort into it.

pdx

HSM Pilot
I completely overstressed API when I should have been thinking about Primary (where doing well REALLY matters).

I wouldn't suggest thinking about primary in API. There is not much you can do to prepare yourself for primary while you are in API. Plus, if you look past API, you may never make it to primary.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None

Seriously dude, I never meant that you shouldn't make notecards or anything. I just wanted you to realize it isnt' really that hard. Do people fail Aero I? Yes, but only because they weren't prepared. It's just one of those things that when it "clicks", everything falls into place really, really fast.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, exactly! This will free up much time for you so you can concentrate on what is really important, like getting laid. And apparently, you may really want to focus on that latter part.

boobcheese

Check out this thread (post #10). I'm not at API yet so I can't vouch for the contents of the notecards but these may be able to at least jump start your efforts and give you more time for other activities (such as taking Steve's advice).

Thunderboom

Cat Herder at MATSG21
Gentlemen,

I've been doing ELO TLO footstomping for the past year, I am well aware of the teaching/learning tech. I'm doing what it takes to push, API is the focus not primary, adapting to the environment. Met 2 guys this week who failed AERO 1 twice and now have to bat 1000 for the remainder. Have friends who washed out and are now 03s, so yes, I am going to overprepare.

-CB: Interests: HATE HATE HATE /maybe you should put less effort into getting worked up over things

GMan1976

Banned
Met 2 guys this week who failed AERO 1 twice and now have to bat 1000 for the remainder. Have friends who washed out and are now 03s, so yes, I am going to overprepare.

I'll be perfectly honest with you... there are only 2 ways to fail Aero 1 TWICE!

1) The person in question is a moron... however, I highly doubt if they were, they'd even be here in the first place... but it IS possible.

2) The person is known by bartenders at Seville by their 1st name... if that's the case, refer back to #1.

Obviously they just didn't want it bad enough.... All it takes to get through API is going through the motions. i.e. making it on time everyday, putting in the requisite studying, getting enough sleep, making it through med/swim, and not being an idiot (staying out of trouble).

Just do what you need to do, and you'll be fine!

The instructors will let you know everything if you just listen,....When I taught A-School, I would re-emphesize everything covered by the ELO's so the info would be pressed firmly into their little noggins.