• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Advice

phrogpilot73

Op said that he wants to be a Naval Aviator, so why would he take the USMC PFT?

His profile says USMC..and I guess technically NAVAL Aviator encompasses USMC pilots. They are "SNA's" as well in flight school.

Nothing technical about it. Marines, Navy, and Coast Guard pilots are ALL Naval Aviators. For what it's worth, Marine Officers are also commissioned officers in the Naval service.

Sorry for the confusion. A Marine commission is what I am after. I have always heard Marine pilots called Naval aviators. Sorry if I was misinformed.
No need to apologize, you were not misinformed.

Yankee Uniform Tango
I don't know about the other guys but the info I posted eariler was for navy, not sure how much if any difference there is for Marine guys going through OCS, search around here though I'm sure you can find gouge. good luck

Fixed. ;)

pilotwannab: Do not hesitate to contact an OSO, regardless of how bad out of shape you think you might be. Meet with him, be honest, and tell him what stage you are at right now - he will most likely have you attend weekly PT sessions to help you out. Stay motivated and push yourself every time. Showing some initiative and self-improvement will only indicate to him how serious you are about becoming a Marine Officer.