• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Advice on TAD opportunities

FlyingIrish

Does anyone have advice on TAD or any other good opportunities that one could take advantage of while not flying? I'm a replacement pilot in the Lemoore FRS. It's been said that the command will consider sending us no cost TAD if we request it, but the only thing I've ever heard of doing is hometown recruiting.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Does anyone have advice on TAD or any other good opportunities that one could take advantage of while not flying? I'm a replacement pilot in the Lemoore FRS. It's been said that the command will consider sending us no cost TAD if we request it, but the only thing I've ever heard of doing is hometown recruiting.
FlyingIrish, suggest you go to the Forum FAQ and help forum, click on the 'Add Wings' thread and request NA wings to be added to your AW name/profile.:)

You might also check with your FRS OpsO (VA-122?), regarding no cost TAD opportunities available while awaiting FRS classup. A hometown area recruiting gig sounds great, as prospective NAs would be in awe, being recruited by a 'god-like', future Hornet driver, plus most any hometown area in the country [except Detroit:eek:], would be better liberty than 'Reemoorse' er... Lemoore!;)
BzB, 4 tour, 10-year NLC veteran

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Would the VFC's or NSAWC be an option? Maybe you could bag some backseat rides, learn stuff and have a blast. Especially VFC-111!

azguy

None
If you've never been to Memphis, and are career minded, let your detailer know you want to sit a board as Asst Recorder.

Also keep your ear or the ground in message traffic for the one off conferences around the country looking for JOs to come and talk about xyz.

If you're looking to make a difference, take a look at the CNOs Rapid Innovation Cell. Lots of great work being doen there. Sure, it's not about the travel, but it doesn't hurt either.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
I did no cost TAD back to my alma mater to do NROTC orientation speeches after getting wings and prior to getting orders/cranking up at VF-101. It was a very fun few months... on a big ten campus with O-2 pay, living with the girlfriend and free from Meridian's drudgery.

I think I'd make sure I'm as far ahead academically and logging as much sim time as possible prior to submitting for any cow-shit-mist escape maneuvers. Is there a pool for startup? "Not flying" could mean many things....

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
I have 2-3 friends in Lemoore who haven't flown since they got there...10 months ago. I think one of them did ground school twice already.