• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Advice on finding out the name of VA appraisers

Jen

Wife of a Growler stud
We have been trying to close on our house in Oak Harbor, WA for way too long now. It is my understanding that when doing a VA loan, the VA assigns the appraiser next on the list to your account. They are legally suppossed to have 10 days to do the appraisal. Our appraiser has sat on this appraisal for 23 days now. He has promised our appraisal to us 3 times now and has neglected to do it. Legally, my realtor should not know the name of the appraiser and the loan processor will not give me his name. I was hoping to report him to the BBB. We can file a formal complaint with the VA, which will assign us a new appraiser...but I feel like this is letting him off the hook because then he still doesn't have to do the darn appraisal. Apparently, he has been decommisioned by the VA before but somehow still has a license. I thought that the BBB might do more on his reputation than a formal complaint with the VA. Any suggestions on how to find out who this person is?
Thanks so much!