• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Advice giver-outer Qualifications

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
Take El Tee's test battery on how much advice you can give.

I have been accepted to a commisioning program. If you can answer yes, congratulations, you can give advice on how to get in.

I am currently in OCS/TBS or a pipeline. If you answered yes, congratulations, you are qualified to advise on getting in, your commissioning program and your pipeline.

I loooked at my uniform this morning and saw both wings and a deployment ribbon. Congratulations, you have walked the walk. You can dispense wisdom at will but be ready to get called on it if you are full of crap.

If you did not answer yes to any of the above questions, you can give advice on cars, guns, college girls, football, onlinegames, whatever. Just please don't pass out second-hand knowledge on aviation because "You know a guy."

I looked at my left hand and saw a wedding ring. Congratulations, you can keep your mouth shut because you are automatically wrong about anything you say. :)

Very Respectfully,

El TEE

BTW this list is not exhaustive, feel free to add at will.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
RockyMtnNFO said:
I looked at my left hand and saw a wedding ring. Congratulations, you can keep your mouth shut because you are automatically wrong about anything you say. :)

so true...and my wife wonders why i never talk

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You can only give out gun advice if A4s, Squeeze, or myself agree it is correct ;)

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think we may have to make this a REQUIRED READING thread. Nicely done.
ea6bflyr

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Maybe I should create a JQR with a logical flow through the quals resulting in Advice Giver Outer and then ultimately reaching the pinnacle of the qual process....Professional Advice Giver Outer. :D

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Steve Wilkins said:
Maybe I should create a JQR with a logical flow through the quals resulting in Advice Giver Outer and then ultimately reaching the pinnacle of the qual process....Professional Advice Giver Outer. :D

~sigh~ Leave it to the SWO to take all the fun out of it. Or maybe that's what passes for humor on the bridge?

Skipper: Guess what?
JO: What's that, Sir?
Skipper: You're getting an adverse fitrep!
JO: Ha! Good one, Sir!
Skipper: No, seriously, you suck.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
gaijin6423 said:
~sigh~ Leave it to the SWO to take all the fun out of it. Or maybe that's what passes for humor on the bridge?
I guess the humor is lost on you aviators. It was actually making fun of the stupid sh!t that I put under my name. Look to your left and right below my name you read what? Yes, it says Professional Advice Giver Outer. Hey, not everyone can be a PAGO, and not all aspire to be one. Lighten up Francis.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Come on guys. I know this isn't the best medium for sarcasm, but I can't help but toss it out there. My appologies if you didn't get the tone, but I refuse to alert people of impending sarcasm. Just trying to poke fun at my chauffers. After all, My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
no worries....except we (SWO's) call our "skippers", Captain. I hear "skipper" and I start looking for the sail boat.

Overheard in the field at Quantico...
Company Commander: Guess what?
Platoon Commander: what's that, sir?
Comapany Commander: you suck!
Platoon Commander: Ha ha ha, that's funny, sir. You almost got me there.
Company Commander: no, really, you suck....and you're not very funny

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
gaijin6423 said:
Come on guys. I know this isn't the best medium for sarcasm, but I can't help but toss it out there. My appologies if you didn't get the tone, but I refuse to alert people of impending sarcasm. Just trying to poke fun at my chauffers. After all, My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment.

HORRORS!!! SWO's and humor"??? I got it. So what does that make me ... ??? The Horror ..... the Horror .....

apo001ej43343443342ug.jpg

...p.s., I would have given you "rep" for the original ... but the SWO-derived NAZI-like AW "system" would not allow it ... now where's the "humor" in that ... ???? :icon_mi_1

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Steve Wilkins said:
no worries....except we (SWO's) call our "skippers", Captain. I hear "skipper" and I start looking for the sail boat.

Overheard in the field at Quantico...
Company Commander: Guess what?
Platoon Commander: what's that, sir?
Comapany Commander: you suck!
Platoon Commander: Ha ha ha, that's funny, sir. You almost got me there.
Company Commander: no, really, you suck....and you're not very funny

Guess I watched too many episodes of "Gilligan's Island" growing up.

And the conversation (at least with my SPC) would have gone more like this:
SPC: So what's the plan, Lt?
Me: Well, Sir, the enemy is about [X] meters away, and I think we
should execute a flanking--
SPC: Lt [my name]?
Me: Yes, Sir?
SPC: Shut the hell up.
ME: Aye, Sir.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
JQR, He11, let make it part of the Joint Professional Military Education (JPME) we are all "SUPPOSED" to complete prior to Deptartment Head/CO.

ea6bflyr