• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Advice for pukers

Chubby

air_041a_9.gif

Best visual example I could find ... I'll defer to the experienced for a more in depth look at it.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
As a reformed puker I can easily say that eating before a flight made a big difference - no chili dogs though, they REALLY don't help...mmm but they taste so good!

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Well, Chubby's flight would've looked far more hetero if it were a Hornet against the Fulcrum, but rep points nonetheless... ;)

"Two circle" derives from the idea that at a neutral merge, the fighter turns left, the bandit turns left as well-- as per the pic. Thus, the plane that accomplished the most degrees per second (i.e, "rate numbers") will ultimately win. This may results in several 360 degree circles through the sky-- very painful, high-G, going downhill to the deck. The "rate war" so to speak.

This does not have to be as depicted... anytime a fighter finds himself on the bandits' tail... say, with 90 degrees to go, he may want to get on his rate numbers and attempt two-circle flow. Does that make sense at all?

I'm probably not the best at explaining this... maybe A-4s or Schnugg could do better... might work easier on a cocktail napkin over a nice brewski ;)

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
TurnandBurn55 said:
Well, Chubby's flight would've looked far more hetero if it were a Hornet against the Fulcrum, but rep points nonetheless... ;)

"Two circle" derives from the idea that at a neutral merge, the fighter turns left, the bandit turns left as well-- as per the pic. Thus, the plane that accomplished the most degrees per second (i.e, "rate numbers") will ultimately win. This may results in several 360 degree circles through the sky-- very painful, high-G, going downhill to the deck. The "rate war" so to speak.

This does not have to be as depicted... anytime a fighter finds himself on the bandits' tail... say, with 90 degrees to go, he may want to get on his rate numbers and attempt two-circle flow. Does that make sense at all?

I'm probably not the best at explaining this... maybe A-4s or Schnugg could do better... might work easier on a cocktail napkin over a nice brewski ;)

Yeah it all makes sense. Thanks for taking the time to answer my JV questions.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
gatordev said:
For a while now. ;)
Well that's good. Make sure all Gator fans get aboves. But if that's not feasible, at least try to give the Nole pukes the belows. :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
PUKING thread threadjack/course correction:

TurnandBurn55 said:
....I'm probably not the best at explaining this... maybe A-4s or Schnugg could do better... might work easier on a cocktail napkin over a nice brewski ;)
Not the best at explaining this ...?? No, of course you're not. :icon_lol:

Actually, you did just fine.
:)

BUT: an addendum
in this "mean ol' Ha'ole man's" opinion :icon_rast... if you persist in more than ONE or certainly TWO horizontal 360's .... , you are just askin' for it --- GO HIGH --- if you can't get a whole bunch of angles in one +/- turn on your opponent -- you probably aren't going to .... and we never used a term like "rate numbers" -- it didn't exist.

FIGHT YOUR FIGHT -- NOT "HIS". Change the fight parameters. USE THE VERTICAL. Cut the corners. Stand on your tail. Use the rudders. Learn to love the "egg". Be an "egg-man". You CAN beat an airplane that has a better turn rate than you --- if you use everything at your disposal.

If you stay in the horizontal --- you will be embarrassed in practice --- or dead in the "real" world --- in short order ... :skull_125

PUKING thread .... threadjack .... OUT.

P.S. don't puke -- especially in the vertical.