• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Advice for prospective naval aviator-astronaut?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I'd say there is near 0 chance of getting to TPS with a sub 3.0 GPA in anything, at least for the pilot side. I'm sure there are exceptions here and there, but they have no shortage of qualified applicants that also have stellar college records.

sickboy

pilot
I'd say there is near 0 chance of getting to TPS with a sub 3.0 GPA in anything, at least for the pilot side. I'm sure there are exceptions here and there, but they have no shortage of qualified applicants that also have stellar college records.

He’s not wrong. I say this as someone with four applications with two EPs.

taxi1

pilot
I’m thinking your target is the year 2040, when there is a moon base and a shuttle to and from. You’ve been in development and test of critical systems for 20 years, operations too, and maybe you built your own airplane or exotic hydrofoiling sailcraft (something your ass sits in that can hurt you) hold an A&P license, maybe cave diver rated, confirming your ability to be cool under pressure. EMT or ski patrol OEC so you know what blood looks like.

There will be a big need for people like that. A key cog in the machinery.

Not everyone in space has a last name.

Fridays_Child_020.JPG

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
He’s not wrong. I say this as someone with four applications with two EPs.
I see your four applications and raise you six!

This may have been true a few years ago and even today, but to be honest I feel like becoming an astronaut in the future will be more about having the right experience and knowing the right people. With more commercial space companies popping up all the time, I wouldn’t be surprised if it starts becoming less selective in terms of basic qualifications.
Dude. Fix your GPA now while you have a chance. You don't want to be retaking a college class as a LT just to prove to the TPS board that your dumpster fire GPA was because of shitty girlfriends and too much PBR.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I see your four applications and raise you six!

Dude. Fix your GPA now while you have a chance. You don't want to be retaking a college class as a LT just to prove to the TPS board that your dumpster fire GPA was because of shitty girlfriends and too much PBR.

Space Force Space Guard. For those of us who went to college for the shitty girlfriends and to drink too much PBR.

taxi1

pilot
OP, you should get with your buds and go after this...

Yes, grades are important, but unless your job is to sit at a desk and take tests, they are imperfect predictors of performance. Yes, raise them, but also play to your strengths, which from your description seems to be getting stuff done.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
????

Things happen for a reason! Like when my girlfriend and I were driving out of Yosemite today and she was talking about buying a new car. And not five minutes later she was like "Babe, you need to start applying to the majors..."

?????
So are you saying reason for your Yosemite trip was to find out your girlfriend is a gold digger that wants more money from you?:D

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
So are you saying reason for your Yosemite trip was to find out your girlfriend is a gold digger that wants more money from you?:D
If it was money she was after, she did a bad job. She should have found a guy who got jets, went straight to astronaut school, and now sits left seat in a wide body.