• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Advice and tips for foreigner wanting to become Navy Officer and Naval Aviator ?

Mobius007

Greetings, I'm new here. I'm an Indonesian currently pursuing Bachelor Degree in Computer Science at an accredited state university in Indonesia. It's my lifetime goals to move to USA after I graduate with Bachelor Degree(hopefully with GPA 3.5 or more) and earned a green card via DV Lottery, become a US Citizen, joining the US Navy, and becoming both an Officer and a Naval Aviator.
Of course that to become an Officer, one must be a US Citizen and must be eligible for security clearances. So, at first I wanna enlist first (eventhough I would already had Bachelor's Degree by that time andI), hopefully I'm eligible to be naturalized as US Citizen during quarter or half-way of my enlisted service years.
Can you give me advice and tips about the route I'm going to take to become a Naval Officer and Naval Aviator?
also, do I have to choose other ratings that is aviation-oriented(such as Aviation Boatswains mate) or is it fine if I choose Hospital Corpsman ?
Thank you very much.

exNavyOffRec

A few things to consider, age, you must be commissioned by age 27, if you enlist you can get a waiver to age 29. Education, often it is difficult to get the US Navy to accept a foreign degree, I have seen many try but the only ones I have seen accepted were those that earned Master's from Oxford.

If you enlist you get to pick a job from what they offer you.

Mobius007

I forgot to mention this:
the state university I'm in has partnership with Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey.
Is this somewhat can be considered a PLUS ? even though just barely ?