• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Advice about Superior Officer

XeroCool

So I am receiving an LOR from a COL that said he would have my recommendation letter done by last week. My recruiter is saying that if he doesn’t get it soon it probably will not make it to the board(aviation 3rd Thursday of the month) in time because of the need for them to quality check it. So how to do I go about this? How do I go about asking him if he could send it ASAP without sounding like a totally dipsh!t. Do I need to not look a gift horse in the mouth and just wait for another month? Or is my recruiter pulling my leg about not having enough time for quality assurance?
Thanks again guys,
X

XeroCool

I should have mentioned that if I call him I normally only get his Lance Cpl. do I just leave the message with him or do I keep trying to get a hold of him.
Thanks a bunch,
X

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I should have mentioned that if I call him I normally only get his Lance Cpl. do I just leave the message with him or do I keep trying to get a hold of him.
Thanks a bunch,
X

You might ask to speak with his adjutant or other JO staff as a go-between. They're usually the ones that make sure all the paperwork flows smoothly and are likely best suited to help you.

Brett

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not pulling your leg about time for the QA check. The processor and recruiter get giged by CNRC if the package isn't perfect. If it is too messed up, it gets sent back and you miss the board. The QA of app packages is a big deal.

balt

argh
Not pulling your leg about time for the QA check. The processor and recruiter get giged by CNRC if the package isn't perfect. If it is too messed up, it gets sent back and you miss the board. The QA of app packages is a big deal.

Not intending to hijack the thread, but what kind of application mistakes are typical? The forms seem pretty straight-forward but my recruiter has assured me that most likely there will be things that will have to be re-submitted because of errors.

XeroCool

well the thing is my packet has already been sent in once, only difference is 2 more LORs....so shouldnt I be G2G? Good to go?
Thanks,
X

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not intending to hijack the thread, but what kind of application mistakes are typical? The forms seem pretty straight-forward but my recruiter has assured me that most likely there will be things that will have to be re-submitted because of errors.

At least half of the errors that occur are no fault of the appicant, but pop up on forms and files filled out or maintained by the processor or recruiter.:eek:

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!

If after a search you don't find enough info on the subject, that would be a good topic for a new thread.