• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Advantage of PPL?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
If the dude could afford a civvie helo license and then the cost to rent a helicopter, plus his own little island, I think the hotties are attracted to something other than his flight skills. I'm thinking it was little green pieces of paper that are about 6"x2.5", which he probably had tons of.

The island was just public land, and the dude bussed tables at a bar in town......maybe he had family money, but the guy drove a beat up old Honda so not so sure. Maybe he was getting the girls to split the bill on the helo or something, I never looked.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Your cool factor when taking college girls out on dates will go way up with a PPL. Actually, get your civvie helo license and then you will really bang hotties.....no joke, this kid I knew when I worked line-service in college literally had a different hottie every weekend go flying with him. He had a spot on in the river on a little island where he would go buzz around and then put down. Infinite 5's on headwork

Have you spent much time at an FBO? I guarantee a PPL isn't helping anyone get laid.

Good on your bud for leveraging what he has though. At current wet ac rental rates though, LITERALLY paying for poon would've been cheaper.

Hell, blowing a couple hundred $ on a date never hurts anytime, though at least his way he logged some PIC!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Have you spent much time at an FBO? I guarantee a PPL isn't helping anyone get laid.

Good on your bud for leveraging what he has though. At current wet ac rental rates though, LITERALLY paying for poon would've been cheaper.

Hell, blowing a couple hundred $ on a date never hurts anytime, though at least his way he logged some PIC!

Spent about a year working there, and have used them for the better part of the last 8 years I have been flying.....just meant that using the "I'm a pilot, yeah I'll take you flying" line seems to have worked on occasion.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Just out of curiosity, what are the usual bad habits you run into?

My "bad habits" were probably getting complacent in the cockpit, and lacking attention to detail. On the other hand, basic airwork and/or stick and monkey skills were never noted on any of my primary gradesheets as being a problem or needing remediation.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Bad attitudes.

Good point....rolling into primary with a cocky attitude from your prior civilian flying time is a really good way to get lots of trouble from IP's, and probably not do as well as you could if you had just sucked it up and embraced the training and "primary experience"

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
My "bad habits" were probably getting complacent in the cockpit, and lacking attention to detail. On the other hand, basic airwork and/or stick and monkey skills were never noted on any of my primary gradesheets as being a problem or needing remediation.

Nope, but drobs flying skills were listed on your gradesheet for some reason .

(I type this while sitting on a delta flight waiting to take off from Atlanta, it's been a long day.)

UMichfly

pilot
None
Nope, but drobs flying skills were listed on your gradesheet for some reason .

(I type this while sitting on a delta flight waiting to take off from Atlanta, it's been a long day.)

Were you a Blue Falcon of a wingman? Nothing pads the grades like getting a lead change 500 feet high, 20 knots fast, and driving 90 degrees out the edge of the working area. :D

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Were you a Blue Falcon of a wingman? Nothing pads the grades like getting a lead change 500 feet high, 20 knots fast, and driving 90 degrees out the edge of the working area. :D

You should have seen his face as I feathered the prop at the initial with drobs finest parade underway....