• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Advancement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokescreen

Hi everyone! I'll be signing papers in a few weeks and was wondering if someone could answer a question or two. I'll be 26 when I go to OCS. My quesion is will it be possible to advance high in rank and what's the best way to fast track it? Just curious.

Smoke

Smokescreen

Hey Steve! It's your fellow Red Raider! Thanks for the responces. Guess the other thing I'd like to know is that I've heard that you need to get a masters to advance past LCDR. When's the soonest the Navy will let you do that? Plus is it all just a matter of having a "Gung Ho" attitude or is there more that they look at when advancment time comes around?

Thanks,
Smoke

ghost_ttu

Smokescreen, are you still around? If so what year did you grad Tech? When did you sign papers and when is your OCS date?

Smokescreen

Yep I'm still around and nope haven't graduated yet. I'll be done in May 2003 and my OCS date is supposedly sometime in June. Paperwork supposedly got sent out this week so I should here something within the month. Anywayz... Wuzup?!

ghost_ttu

I got crappy news today. I'm still on probation for a speeding ticket and they said they can't consider me until that is done. (June 11) and they are almost out of slots, so that is bad. But on a good note, I called the court and they said they could get it dismissed by next Tuesday, so I'll get considered next week.

NOW THE BAD NEWS.

Another guy was just selected today, his OCS date is March of 03.

Status
Not open for further replies.