• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Advanced Wait Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

pilot
Quick Question-
How long are guys waiting to class up after primary? I have heard it is a couple of months, but I am out of the loop in Air Force Land. Thanks

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
If you are Navy then it will be a few months. If you are marine, maybe a month. Pipeline is over manned right now on the navy side, so they are not pushing people through in a big hurry unless they are marines.

Acoustix99

pilot
It took me 3 months, and I just started - the guys behind me are pushed WELL into next year. Right now, the used to have new classes start at HT-8 and HT-18 every week, now they alternate, one week they go to 8 the next 18, and now, the classes are predominantly marines. My check in class had only 2 navy out of 10 of us. Hence, there's a bit of a back up for navy guys. Marines seem to be starting right up, and the coasties are getting pushed through even faster.

Sajin

So the Marines are hurting for Helo pilots too? Anyone know if that offer for 30 Navy studs to pick Marine Cobras and 53s ever came to pass?

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
people have been approached about it, but the big thing now is the reserve thing. I am not getting the most recent gouge anymore, on leave.

Acoustix99

pilot
Apparently no, that went up the chain a long way but never ended up getting the final approval. I do know some people who lat trasferred to the corps and switched from helos to jets during advanced.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fat chance these days at Whiting, what with half the rooms getting rebuilt for hurricane damage . . .

As for the Navy/Marine thing, our read & initial had some message traffic about a USN to USMC transition to fill Cobra slots, but it's a bona-fide service switch, not an exchange tour. Can't remember too many details off the top of my head, but you have to put together a package including PFT scores and recommendations, and you go to TBS right after winging. Apparently applications start in early February.

flashypants

Whoa.
pilot
nittany03 said:
As for the Navy/Marine thing, our read & initial had some message traffic about a USN to USMC transition to fill Cobra slots, but it's a bona-fide service switch, not an exchange tour. Can't remember too many details off the top of my head, but you have to put together a package including PFT scores and recommendations, and you go to TBS right after winging. Apparently applications start in early February.

I read that message as well, but it doesn't guarantee an airframe, you go through the same selection process as everyone else. That's when I lost interest in it.

Sajin

So the Navy Marine thing you straight up transfer? Would it be like you just signed with the Marines or is there some strange service commitment voodoo you have to go through. Also is there a POC about it? Thanks for any help.

towbubba

boot 46 pilot
nittany03 said:
As for the Navy/Marine thing, our read & initial had some message traffic about a USN to USMC transition to fill Cobra slots, but it's a bona-fide service switch, not an exchange tour.
Are you smokin crack. What VT you in? I'm gonna go up there and read your R&I board. Since when do swabees get garanteed skids? They are taking transfers to fill jet slots and no garantee on frame there either. :icon_rage

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have it on very good authority that whoever sent out that message has been shown the errors of his ways and that deal is not available at leat in the ensigns at HMLAs format. There are always options to transfer around and I know people who have done so but it is pretty competitive

petescheu

To answer the original question, if you're headed down to K-Rok for a little TRAWING-2 action, I dont think it's too long anymore, not more than a month or so. There was a time when it was up at 6-8 months but that hold has been lifted.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
towbubba said:
Are you smokin crack. What VT you in? I'm gonna go up there and read your R&I board.

I misread the message. My bad . . . :dunce_125

Status
Not open for further replies.