• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

addressing officers in email

S.O.B.

pilot
Did this HMC have a family?

When he was picking out his two qualifications badges to wear, did he just close his eyes and pick two?

Jeebus!! :eek:

He pretty much wore the two that fit the community. In addition to all the enlisted warfare devices her earned, he recently did a tour in Iraq as a Physicians Assistant and earned the new FMF pin as an officer. I forgot to mention that he didn't graduate from High School and grew up in inner city New York.

He was my first LPO and there's no way I would be where I am today if it wasn't for him.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I personally liked bullshit artist ensign.

Probably more appropriate. Bogey, who the hell puts their degree in their signature??? Tool. Doubly so because it has nothing to do with the subject at hand...military courtesy. You probably put US Navy as your "company" for UPS deliverys too...:D

S.O.B.

pilot
If you're writing to your CO and/or XO, "#1" and "#2" seem to go over well.

That was like what 10 years ago and people are still talking about that guy. I met his brother when he was a stash ensign at SAR school. This guy was at a command function playing volleyball shirtless with a huge nipple ring. :eek: What a retard.

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
I think if you're saying your own title, like on the phone, you should say "Lieutenant Jay-Gee Boner" or "Lieutenant Commander Buzzkill," but I don't know if that's written anywhere. I'll let others promote me rather than promote myself.

I can't remember where that is written but I have always been told to use your exact rank so you don't promote yourself. i.e. Calling yourself CDR when you are a LCDR. Someone else can can verbally promote you, i.e. LT vice LTJG, etc. but I don't know where it is written.

snake020

Contributor
I can't remember where that is written but I have always been told to use your exact rank so you don't promote yourself. i.e. Calling yourself CDR when you are a LCDR. Someone else can can verbally promote you, i.e. LT vice LTJG, etc. but I don't know where it is written.

I've known many a douchebag in the air force to brag about calling over to a Navy base and identify themselves as CAPT so-and-so and get the first class treatment while not specifying their service.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

I think I've dealt with a few "phone CDRs" in my day.