• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Additional Interviews for SNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironfeliks23

USC- Sr.
This morning I was told by my recruiter that I should find an O-5/6 aviator for an interview. This is in addition to my 3 professional letters of rec and 2 character letters of rec. He sent me an Interview Appraisal Sheet to give to the CMDR/CAPT. The sheet is a series of 1-10 rankings on presentation, oral communication, and would the officer want me under his command. One of the NROTC officers here at SC was an E-2 backseater and knows the guys at Pt. Mugu. He said he would try to track down someone to do the interview with. The interview doesn’t look like it will take long, however I was curious how standard this was for other folks applications. And as a corollary, from you senior aviators, any comments from the other side of things?

Thanks again, and continued good luck to all the applicants.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I started the application process a little over a year ago and never had to do any interviews. Is yours required or is it just something your recruiter wants you to do?

Ironfeliks23

USC- Sr.
It is something he wants me to do. As it stands I am hard pressed to see how it could hurt me. If it doesnt go well, may I not include it in my submitted package? (ie if its not required). Anyhow, just checking to see if anyone else was asked to get additional interviews.

Ironfeliks23

USC- Sr.
Well, cool. The CO interview was pretty straight forward then Creole? I got an appointment on Thursday with the Ops O of one of the E-2 Squadrons at Pt. Mugu. I will let you know how it goes.

Ironfeliks23

USC- Sr.
Well I did the interview, and it was just that, pretty straight forward. The commander asked about my goals, motivation etc... then filled out the sheet. Everyone at the AEW Wing was damn hospitable. Its good to see the caliber of people your applying to work with.

The surprise sim visit wasnt bad either, oh yeah.

binary_choice

Final Select SNA
I never had to do that... just three letters of recommendation from advisor and previous bosses... That was never even asked or mentioned of/to me.

zuggerat

i think i was given an interview by a lcdr from VS-24 when i went for my astb. my recruiter said that he wanted to talk to me and we shot the shizzizzle for about an hour and a half. i dont really know what it was for, so i assumed he was measuring me up or something, real nice guy tho, it was great talking to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.