• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Add Wings to your profile: Pinning on new wings

wplax26

Gold Club
pilot
None
Contributor
Wings Please! I had them before but they got lost in the software transition? Also, if there is still a P-3 and a PNA forum can I get access to those too?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Gatordev,

I've had an account on here for over 5 years, but have been inactive recently. When I logged in today my name changed from ProwlerPilot to Glenn. Also, I lost my wings somehow. Is it possible to change me back to ProwlerPilot and give me some pilot wings? I winged in 2002, served 6 years in Prowlers, finished as CAG 17 paddles, and am now out flying a desk in the reserves. Thanks.

Your avatar looked familiar, but I couldn't remember your old name. Your username is changed back so you'll have to log in with the new name. You're updated with all the private sections as well.

Everyone else is updated.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
No. There's a minimum 5 "pleases" required.

You're in the Private Jets/E2/C2, as well.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
We don't have those. Only NA/NFO/AF/Army wings. Also, ESWS aren't "wings," per the thread title.

MasterBates

If you can earn it with a PQS part time in less than 6 months.. How much is it really?

I know it's a point of pride for many of the Junior Sailors to get it, but I don't put it in the same league.

Master's personal, not Navy Approve hierarchy of Navy Chest Candy-

Official BAMF Stuff:
SEAL
Naval Astronaut (Pilot/NFO)
EOD

You had to earn it, not a PQS.
Pilot/NFO/NAC
Submariner of any flavor, save the MIDs that managed to get a deterrent patrol pin..(E & O)

You had to earn it, by doing your job, and we award it so you don't feel inferior to the Brownshoes/Bubbleheads/Crazy People.
Surface (I can feel PSWs angry glare from here. I may get kicked in ye ole junk)

PQS for Pins. Really? (I realize some commands make this harder than others, and it may be closer to SWO in pain needed to gain)
Supply Pins (most boats)
EAWS
ESWS

I don't mean to crush the hopes and dreams of ADAN Timmy, but there is light years between NA/NFO wings and EAWS. AN Timmy is not the problem.. It when you have senior guys who seriously put them in the same league as NA/NFO/SUB in terms of difficulty to earn.

/rant

(I'm dealing with cousin's kid trying to convince me his ESWS pin was harder to earn than my wings, in all seriousness at the moment)

MasterBates

Well, reality is a bitch, but no, I don't believe ESWS is in the same league as NAC (at least on the Rescue Swimmer/Helo side. Never really dealt with COD/P3 aircrew in more than a passing sense).

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
My NFO wings were definitely harder to earn than my SWO pin, but the SWO pin was a bigger pain in the ass. Probably because SWOs that didn't like the idea of an aviator earning the pin made it so. Of course they won in the long run since aviators can no longer earn a SWO pin.