• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ADD Documentation Issues

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I'm in a bit of a predicament and am wondering if any of y'all in AW land might be able to provide some guidance. As you may be able to surmise, I was pro rec'd SNA back in September, but am running into problems dealing with Navy medical. I was diagnosed with mild ADD in second grade (1995ish) and took various medication for it until I started high school (sometime in 2001-2002; I can't remember exactly). Now, I've submitted everything I can about my treatment, including a note from my doctor saying that my records are unavailable (he liquidates old files after 5 years; it's been 8 since I last saw him). From what I can tell about the waiver process is that I will need to document the entire process leading to diagnosis, the treatment history, and my doctor's final summary for a go/no-go. I have provided HS and College transcripts to the MEPS folks but I can't seem to get my hands on to the actual medical documents.

My question is: 1) how screwed am I? 2) Is there a process by which I can be evaluated by a Navy doc if my former doctor can't help? 3) Considering I made it through HS and getting a BSME at a military school without meds, might my transcripts suffice?

Thank you in advance for your help.