• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AD to IRR to AD - impact on lineal number

Jeff29

Science Project
Wondering if anyone knows...

If an officer leaves Active Duty for a couple years, is in the IRR during that time, then returns to Active Duty, is there an adjustment made to their lineal number and/or promotion timing?

Thanks.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Wondering if anyone knows...

If an officer leaves Active Duty for a couple years, is in the IRR during that time, then returns to Active Duty, is there an adjustment made to their lineal number and/or promotion timing?

Thanks.
Yeah.......it is adverse if that is what you are asking.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You lineal number will be changed to align with your new active duty length of duty.

Happened to me when I went AD to IRR to Drilling reservist to AD. I was out of AD for 2 years 9 months. My new lineal number was a few years behind where I originally was.

Jeff29

Science Project
You lineal number will be changed to align with your new active duty length of duty.

Happened to me when I went AD to IRR to Drilling reservist to AD. I was out of AD for 2 years 9 months. My new lineal number was a few years behind where I originally was.

Thanks. That's what I thought.

So did your IRR time count towards time in service for pay purposes, or did that clock get reset too?

JKD

Yes, IRR time counts towards time in service for pay. If there is not a break in service (fully discharged out of AD/SELRES/IRR - everything) the Pay Date will NOT change.

And, I highly recommend to anyone in the IRR that they should do a few online courses to get the minimum 50 points per anniversary year needed for the year to count towards a reserve retirement. That way if they end up finishing their career in the reserves - the year will count towards the reserve retirement.

I have 5 years that I didn't do that - and really wish I had.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks. That's what I thought.

So did your IRR time count towards time in service for pay purposes, or did that clock get reset too?

Yes, time counted for pay purposes. But not towards a 20 year retirement. Only my two week ACDUTRAs count as Active duty for a reservist.