• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Active volcanic plumes are dangerous for jet engines...

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Sick pictures! Looks like a good background or premise for a USMC commercial.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
No reason to start a new thread. I mean if you're going to post scenes from "Raiders of the Lost Ark," there's a thread for that already.

Sweet pic.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
No reason to start a new thread. I mean if you're going to post scenes from "Raiders of the Lost Ark," there's a thread for that already.

Sweet pic.
Go through all the pics...there are 35 and they get more and more sick!

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Sick pictures! Looks like a good background or premise for a USMC commercial.

Anyone see the lightning monster lurking behind the ash cloud waiting for his duel with the next great Marine? :D

Great pics, +1

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
friggin Mordor. love the volcanoe

NERD!

"I just made fun of Lord of the Rings so bad I made some super geek puke"

313680520_8a2702348b.jpg

I realize this is a pretty old thread, but didn't find anything newer/somewhat-related with the search function... is the Iceland volcano getting much news in the US? There have been a handful of flights reported over the past couple of days but, other than that, everybody is pretty well grounded.

I've been stuck in Dublin for two extra days (terrible place to be killing time, right?) with at least another two or three to follow. My last day of work is supposed to be next Friday, I'm supposed to be out of my apartment by the end of the month, and I'm set to start OCS on 09MAY... this is going to be pretty tight.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I realize this is a pretty old thread, but didn't find anything newer/somewhat-related with the search function... is the Iceland volcano getting much news in the US? There have been a handful of flights reported over the past couple of days but, other than that, everybody is pretty well grounded.

I've been stuck in Dublin for two extra days (terrible place to be killing time, right?) with at least another two or three to follow. My last day of work is supposed to be next Friday, I'm supposed to be out of my apartment by the end of the month, and I'm set to start OCS on 09MAY... this is going to be pretty tight.
That's what she said. :)

Brett

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
The story is getting some play. Mostly because it's going to be an issue for what looks like several weeks. Maybe catch a train to Spain and try to get a plane ticket to go east from there. Any great circle route from western Europe towards the west seems like a no go.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
A couple of these incidents in Alaska and Japan affected us and our routing for the better part of a year +/-

Not saying that will be the case this time, just sayin' ...

That's what she said. :)

Brett
haha, very nice.

The story is getting some play. Mostly because it's going to be an issue for what looks like several weeks. Maybe catch a train to Spain and try to get a plane ticket to go east from there. Any great circle route from western Europe towards the west seems like a no go.
That's not a bad idea, especially if it's expected to last weeks or months. My flight for tomorrow was cancelled, so I'm looking at Tuesday at this point. I'm sure if I started to travel east, the wind would shift and follow me... my last vacation was to Denver last year during the Halloween blizzard, and the one prior to that was to Miami during hurricane Rita.

A couple of these incidents in Alaska and Japan affected us and our routing for the better part of a year +/-

Not saying that will be the case this time, just sayin' ...
Yeah, apparently the last time this particular volcano erupted it lasted for two years. Sky News keeps showing a map of the movement of the ash cloud since the eruption, but while most of NW Europe is covered or in imminent "danger," Ireland shines through clear as day (it literally forms a crescent around the southeast part of the island).

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Interesting graphic:

_47664299_03_17.04_1850_466.gif

Also ... if summer flying to/from Europe gets CNX'd, there are several airlines on both sides of the Atlantic that are going to be severely financially fucked up as a direct result ...

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Interesting graphic:

_47664299_03_17.04_1850_466.gif

Also ... if summer flying to/from Europe gets CNX'd, there are several airlines on both sides of the Atlantic that are going to be severely financially fucked up as a direct result ...

Man, that is UGLY! And you are right about those airlines.