• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

active NROTC pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBayDog

If you are an active duty student - OC, STA-21, BOOST, MECEP, etc., then yes, you do get paid for your active-duty rank. You are on active duty while you are in school.

If you are a NROTC scholarship midshipman, no, you don't get your active duty pay.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Scholarship midshipmen get a stipend instead. The ammounts are as follows: $250 freshman year, 300 sophomore year, 350 junior year, and 400 senior year. This is monthly, by the way.

etnuclearsailor

STA 21 Nuclear OC
Some people like to say that those up to E4 will get a bump to E5, those higher than E5 stay at their curent paygrade. Those people have been lied to. You keep your current paygrade and test for advancement like anyone else in the fleet while you are in college.

etnuclearsailor

STA 21 Nuclear OC
Officer Candidates participating in the STA21 program do not go on summer cruises. The purpose of sumer cruises: teaching midshipmen the importance of rank, the difference between enlisted and officer, and the general organization of authority really isn't needed for us, we're already in the Navy.
Plus, we have to go to continue classes into the summer. We go to college year-round full time. Our pay is the same as it was before we started: based on paygrade, time in service, and location (BAH and COLA).

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, but I mean, the mids who do go, I know they get paid more on active duty, anyone know how much it is? Doesn't make a difference to me, but I guess it'd be a nice tidbit of info to get.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
For your 2/c and 1/c cruises, it does depend on the length. But everyone gets that same for CORTRAMID on the 3/c cruise. You'll actually take home around $700. But trust me, this will get spent on cruise, especially if you go to San Diego for West. Last summer, I banked about $850 on a month long sub cruise.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Before 2/c year, no stipend when classes end. However, once 2/c year is finished (or maybe its 1/c cruise completed) then you get the stipend the whole time until commissioning.

No stipend while on cruise though, you get cruise pay only.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
zippy said:
No stipend while on cruise though, you get cruise pay only.
WTF is cruise pay? I went back and looked at all my LES's....no cruise pay. I got jipped! I'm calling a lawyer tomorrow. I want my back cruise pay. :icon_rage

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
For MIDN, there is stipend money, and money you get paid for going on summer cruise that is not a stipend. (One of the admin Ladies refered to it as "cruise" pay, so i guess thats where I got that from. Sorry if it is not the correct terminology... I have no clue what they called it on the LES, just that it showed up on the W-2 at the end of the year and thats what I got taxed on.) Sorry for any confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.