• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Active Duty JAG Question

lawschoolsux

I'm a PLC-Law applicant and will be a 2L in 2 weeks, once these finals are over and done. I'm looking for some information regarding specific questions about alternate MOSs available within Jag. More specifically, I'm a joint JD/LLM student and am wondering about what specific legal opportunities exist in the JAG program other than the normal route as a prosecutor. Any active duty JAGs' opinions would be much appreciated.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I hear LT Kaffee is looking for a new partner. I think this would be be a major opportunity for any 2nd year law student.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
need some rep around before i can give anymore to Steve W.

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
This should help you get an idea:
https://www.tbs.usmc.mil/Pages/MyMOS/All_MOS_FAQ_Detail.asp?MOSid=4402

This seems to address your question a little bit more specifically:
Typically the judge advocate will be provided an opportunity to work in a number of different jobs during his or her first tour. The jobs may include trial counsel, defense counsel, legal assistance officer, assistant staff judge advocate, and review officer. The intent is to expose the judge advocate to variety jobs and responsibilities to ensure diversity and experience.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "different MOS within JAG," but other legal billets (e.g. legal assistance, staff judge advocate, etc.) within JAG other than prosecutor would still fall within the 4402 MOS.

Also, get used to the "A Few Good Men" jokes, and feel free to respond with references to pilots and homerotic volleyball games.

openbah

I'm not lazy, I'm disabled.
macattack said:
I'd rather have Lt Col Mackenzie, but sure.
cb21.jpg

KBayDog

lawschoolsux said:
Just because it's called airwarriors doesn't mean everyone here is as ignorant as you... as was already shown above.

Easy there, Killer...you already got some good advice from the one person who posted the info for which you were looking:

esday1 said:
Also, get used to the "A Few Good Men" jokes, and feel free to respond with references to pilots and homerotic volleyball games.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
lawschoolsux said:
Just because it's called airwarriors doesn't mean everyone here is as ignorant as you... as was already shown above.

Right...ignorant...like asking a specific question regarding a comparatively small specialty field in a forum focusing on NAVAL AVIATION. Then getting bent out of shape over a few quips.

Lighten up Francis.

And enjoy the vacation. When you come back, think before posting. See ya in 3 days.

back to my tomato plants.